Technical Project Management
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people. Reporting into the Head of Wealth & Personal Banking IT (WPB), you will be pivotal in positioning HSBC Australia for continued and long term sustainable growth through your wealth of experience in Application Delivery Technical Project Management and Vendor Management. The Technology Project Manager is accountable for successful delivery of the project and ensuring benefits realisation. Projects may be standalone or part of a wider programme of activity. The role is key in managing the technology delivery, governance and controls. This will require working closely with business teams, multiple development teams, to deliver at pace within an agile environment. Responsibilities:
• Drive the establishment of effective project controls, procedures and quality assurance processes.
• Lead the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
• Provide management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
• Promote and take accountability for project quality; identify opportunities to improve delivery. Taking a hands on approach as necessary.
• Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Drive the adoption of HSBC project standards and work in alignment with HSBC project methodology at all times.
• Plan and analyse costs, tracking operating and capital spend
• Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or programme leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation. Qualifications Requirements:
• Retail Banking knowledge and experience is an advantage.
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related fields
• Expertise and experience in any banking related solutions such as origination, risk and decisioning
• Experience in cloud technology is a plus
• Completion Vision: Understand IT Architecture and Standards.
• Cross-Discipline Business Case Writing.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.