Technical Support Tech II
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 26 mai 19
Technical Support Tech II
Amazon Web Services (AWS) are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Data Centre Technician to provide support for our Edge data center locations across APAC.
• You are someone who is highly autonomous, very detail oriented and possesses very strong written & verbal communication skills. You are a high performer with a "can do" attitude.
• You will be required to travel between APAC sites conducting routine audits, service assessments and providing any remote support required by our internal teams.
• You will be expected to manage your time on site and coordinate materials and labor to ensure that our stringent standards are met in the most cost-efficient way possible.
• You will have experience building relationships with internal and external teams/customers along with innovating effective solutions to meet issues & problems as they arise.
• You will have previous hands on and ideally remote technical troubleshooting experience using third parties and a proven ability for solving complex problems.
About the Role:
As a Data Centre Technician, you will get to support and maintain the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure across a number of local and remote locations. The role may involve periods working remotely and independently from your team and requires the ability to drive change while maintaining excellent communications.
Your day job will include:
• Working on site or managing third party vendors remotely:
Triage and repair server & network hardware.
Troubleshoot network installation & configuration.
Resolve data center facility issues.
• Participating in projects creating or expanding APAC Edge data centers.
• Building relationships with remote facilities to ensure swift response times to events.
• Improving all operational processes and security with each site.
• Generating metrics to provide details of performance of remote facilities in a diverse range of areas.
• Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and project status updates.
• Drive projects/support issues to completion,
• Help build the world's largest cloud infrastructure.
• Proven experience in data center equipment/rack build and sound fault finding techniques.
• In depth operational understanding of networking hardware: copper and optical fiber cabling, switches, routers and server hardware and associated troubleshooting.
• Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
• Proven experience managing contractors and vendor staff to meet project objectives and timelines, both while on-site and also remotely.
• Strong Communications skills
• Excellent prioritization and time management
• Willing and able to travel across the APAC region.
• The position has an on-call component, you should be prepared and willing to participate in a rotating on-call roster.
• The position may require weekend work on a rotational basis, you should be prepared and willing to participate in weekend work.
• Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project.
• A passion for technology
• * This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
• 4+ years working in a data center operations environment
• Proficiency in 1 or more network operating systems - Cisco IOS, NX-OS, Junos
• Data center inventory management, security, network connectivity
• Basic understanding of Linux/Unix configuration
• Data center facilities: power feeds, power redundancy, ATS, hot/cold aisles
• Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently within tight deadlines.
• Experience managing and driving complex projects to successful completion, ideally with team members in several remote locations.
• Understanding of distributed and service oriented architectures.
• Proven ability to manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs.
• Lean, Six Sigma or Operational Excellence knowledge and/or proficiency.