About this role Job Purpose: An opportunity arises to join the Portfolio Operations team within BlackRock Real Assets, a team of 32 which primarily provides financial, operational and administrative support for the Real Estate, Renewable Power, Infrastructure Debt Infrastructure Solutions and Global Energy & Power
About this role
An opportunity arises to join the Portfolio Operations team within BlackRock Real Assets, a team of 32 which primarily provides financial, operational and administrative support for the Real Estate, Renewable Power, Infrastructure Debt Infrastructure Solutions and Global Energy & Power businesses within BlackRock. This position will provide support to the Renewable Power team. The role will report to the Director, Portfolio Operations, Renewable Power but will work independently to support the investment and operations teams as necessary. The role is Sydney, Australia based.
- Provision of assistance to the transaction teams as appropriate, including the coordination of the operational elements of investment activities.
- Integration of newly acquired portfolio assets into BlackRock.
- Liaise with third party administration, operational and maintenance providers to ensure an accurate balance between internal control and operational efficiency at operating project level and to ensure accurate, timely and comprehensive reporting of asset performance by each asset on a monthly basis.
- Review and assessment, in conjunction with the technical operations team, of monthly operational and financial reports. Identification and resolution of performance issues.
- Review, implementation and monitoring of annual budgets for all portfolio assets.
- Evaluating, in conjunction with professional advisors, and subsequently executing on the capital structures necessary to ensure tax efficient returns to Investors.
- Ensure full and timely compliance with regulatory, project and client reporting requirements.
- Portfolio and project cash management and distributions.
- Effective communication of asset performance to Senior Management, Investors and the broader group.
- Liaison with fund accounting team on accounting, fund valuation and reporting issues.
- Work with the legal and tax teams to define the appropriate investment structure, assist entity set ups as required and ensure funding flows are clearly understood, detailed and followed.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes;
- Qualified Accountant, (ideally Chartered Accountant with big 4 background) with 5 years post qualification experience.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business management is helpful
- Professionals with broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and compliance in the Asset Management industry would be preferred.
- Have experience managing investment structures in APAC would be desirable.
- The individual should have experience within a group finance or reporting role.
- You should have confidence and experience to act independently and have maturity to manage asset managers within APAC.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on, in Construction, Operational Infrastructure and Energy assets is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving abilities and excellent excel and financial analytical skills would be useful. Having experience in US GAAP would be a good addition.
- Ability to interpret financial models and large volumes of contractual data.
- Experience in leading staff or external service providers would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage workload autonomously and effectively.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to apply commercial judgment is required for this role.
- We like this person to be inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated and have a healthy skepticism
- Willing to travel.
- Grow with a small and evolving team and work in a friendly, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experienced senior team with strong values, providing excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Significant exposure to worldwide, prestige projects in a fast-growing sector.
- Broad and varied exposure to all aspects of the team’s activities, encompassing asset selection, deal execution, asset integration, operational monitoring and reporting, valuation and Investor reporting.
- Opportunity to provide input into future growth and operational efficiency of the platform.
- Strong brand in the Infrastructure and fund management industry.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock |
Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.