WPB DX Portfolio Analyst - Strategic Investment & Global Functions Partnership
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
In this role WPB Portfolio Analyst is to optimise WPB strategic investment & oversee required GF governance needs across WPB initiatives (both regulatory and discretionary) in order to ensure the successful delivery of those initiatives and ultimately the WPB AOP. Activities to be undertaken include (but not limited to) business case development and tracking, optimisation of strategic investments across WPB (Direct AOP) & DBS (ATP) and supporting key governance meetings to ensure that key decisions and escalations are addressed by relevant senior management and key partners.
This role is a full time permanent role for an ambitious individual to join the team as a Portfolio Analyst at our Head Office in Barangaroo.
- Accountable for the adherence to the project management and financial governance framework for the WPB regulatory and discretionary portfolio, including alignment to HSBC tools, standards and methodology
- Collaborate with broader PMO communities and strategy/investment teams across the organisation to ensure high quality proactive and reactive stakeholders management to empower and inform them appropriately.
- Role model and champion best practice in business strategy, portfolio/project management discipline
- Contribute to discussions on regulatory affairs that affect WPB its people, products and services. Where appropriate, co-ordinate a response to regulators on key issues that applies to the business.
- Demonstrating an understanding of AML regulatory requirements and internal processes for controlling AML risk through completion of training; and Requesting additional AML training that they deem necessary or appropriate to perform their jobs through their entity manager
- Interaction with a large number of stakeholders including WPB COO, Head of Digital, Design & Delivery, Product and Channel managers, Finance, IT and Transformation Leads, Global Functions and DBS (including Regional and Global counterparts).
- Minimum 5+ year experience in PMO Function/Capacity, Project Management background to compliment PMO scope is advantageous
- Must have extensive experience with Clarity, HIBS, GPDM, Rally, JIRA, Confluence
- Strong understanding of transformation project financials and governance framework
- Solid understanding of the Retail Banking sector, advantageous to have a solid understand of the other business areas too, with the ability to interpret key Business challenges that require escalation and decisions that need to be address by senior management or other partners
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as SMS, WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.