- Vienne, Autriche
- CDI, Plein-temps
- PER, Private Equity Recruitment
Associate / Analyst, Deep Tech Incubator and Seed Fund, Vienna, Austria
Reference: 74378 /8M
An exciting opportunity to join a new deep-tech venture fund, linked to a prolific university research institute and financing a wide range of entrepreneurial spin-outs across software, medical technology and materials. The firm has reached a first close on its debut fund, backed by a number of large institutional investors and has an experienced and respected senior team in place. Joining as a hands-on Associate or Senior Analyst in the investment team, this is your chance to build a new player in European tech VC
We are supporting a new European seed fund and incubator, backing start ups in deep tech and science and providing financial and human capital to its dynamic investment portfolio. The team have secured major institutional backing at their first fund closing and have already made the first two portfolio investments. They are now seeking to hire an additional Associate or Analyst to help source, execute and manage the new portfolio. You should have a genuine passion for technology and a commercial business mindset. The fund will invest across the whole Austrian market.
- This is a small team, meaning you will see almost everything that goes on at the firm – from marketing and deal origination, to building relationships and assessing technology and business plans, to due diligence, negotiation and finalising investments. In particular, you will work closely with senior colleagues and with the portfolio entrepreneurs to bring their business plans to life. If you are looking for a place to learn on an accelerated trajectory, this is it!
- On the other hand, you need to be prepared to get your hands dirty – there isn’t a big back office team, so if a job needs doing you are going to need to put your hand up and get stuck in. The firm is looking for people with a willingness to get involved as necessary. No airs & graces…
- Despite being a small investment team, as part of a large science institute, the fund is actively connected with several hundred others on the local campus and with many other research facilities across the country so you will be in constant communication with a wide range of people, all leaders in their field
- It is critical that you bring genuine insights into bleeding edge technology – a general interest isn’t sufficient here: the investment targets are producing groundbreaking opportunities so need partners with deep technical understanding
- This position is likely to come early in your career, perhaps following an initial spell in relevant consulting, or with another venture firm. Alternatively, you may come from a start up environment or possibly an M&A advisory role, providing your experience is directly relevant to the tech world
- Joining a dynamic, young firm, you need to bring energy, humility, passion and brains
- The firm’s working language is English and so the role is open to anyone with fluent English, though it is likely that some reasonable level of spoken German will be helpful for social purposes
Recruiters Reference: 74378 /8M