We are The Mobile Bank
See Kat talk about her role at N26 All successful applicants are required to attend a recruiting event in Vienna on February 4th or 5th, all travel expenses will be covered. Please note this role is based in Vienna and you must be willing to relocate to this location if successful. Full relocation package on offer for successful candidates. Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today's digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it's how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna. About the opportunity
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to evolve our product, powered by a microservice architecture predominantly written in Java 8 and Kotlin, using Spring Boot.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Software Engineer at N26, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis. In this role, you will:
What you need to be successful:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software in a thriving environment
- Manage individual project priorities and deliverables whilst working in a team who enjoy knowledge sharing sessions
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and you are not afraid to propose some findings during our GSDD .
- Work within your cross-functional team to uphold the highest technical standards right across the product
- Experience in developing software using Java 8 and Spring Boot in large-scale production systems
- Sound understanding of microservice architecture
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Appreciation of working in a modern cloud architecture, preferably with AWS
- Language Skills: full professional proficiency in English
What's in it for you:
- Highly motivated and not afraid of getting things done
- Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
The starting range for this position starts at 55,000 gross per year
Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany's #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
Personal development budget, fully subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude , and access to cutting edge technologies
Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.