GTB is transforming the client onboarding experience by transforming the Client's digital engagement with Bank ABC. The focus is to decrease Client end-to-end Onboarding time and improve overall Client Experience. The person takes a data driven approach to enhancing and changing bank's digital model, ultimately shifting how we bank the region's largest businesses. In an age of digital disruption where companies are constantly adapting, it is necessary to create an impactful and agile infrastructure for our Clients.
The group is embarking on many transformational initiatives at fast pace and requires a highly motivated individual who can combine strong Product Management and Data Insights. The individual in this role will utilize his or her resources engage with cross-functional teams to design and develop essential platforms that add unparalleled value for our Clients.
Reduce Client onboarding cycle times and improve Client experience. Make sure all new and existing clients are on-boarded on the bank’s digital platform and tracks the digital usage to reduce the reliance on other manual channels. Encouraging the clients and driving them to use the bank’s digital platform for more transactions, self-service requirements and cross selling GTB products.
The Client Onboarding Manager (COM) is a Client-facing role responsible for all new Client onboarding, inclusive of account opening and certain cash product implementations. The COM has a Client-Centric focus and is the central point of contact for the Client throughout the account opening and digital onboarding process and would be responsible for a superlative and streamlined Client Experience. The COM will liaise with the relationship management teams and internal stakeholders as needed to gather all Client information necessary to onboard a Client, open an account, conduct KYC due diligence and hook them on the digital platform seamlessly.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
In terms of the responsibilities required for the successful delivery of the function, the following apply:
- Provide superlative Client Experience throughout the onboarding, implementation and KYC process
- Act as a single point of contact for the Client throughout the onboarding process
- Guide Clients through the digital onboarding experience
- Liaise with Client KYC team internally to expedite KYC approval and resolve issues
- Handle certain low and medium complexity cash & trade product implementations
- Coordinate with specific product technical support groups in resolving implementation issues
- Collaborate with different operations teams to ensure delivery of services
- Initiate and planning the development as well implementation and delivery of new products digitally
- Requirements gathering and Business Analysis for enabling change in an organizational context, by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders.
- Liaise globally with Product & Sales teams, Account Managers, Operations and Technology development teams and build relationships with internal and external teams
- Owner of the product master backlog containing features, functions, user interface and technology enhancements and ensuring it is continually updated and prioritized for business value and effort
- Orchestrating end to end Client Onboarding and activities across multiple functions so clients can transact as quickly as possible
- Perform ongoing data insights on the execution and effectiveness of onboarding processes, including root cause analysis to understand required process changes to improve Client experience and outcomes; leverage data assets to speed up client onboarding
- Identify client pain points through review of internal and Client-facing processes, internal processes and Client feedback
- Keeps up with product innovations in the industry
- Research and evaluate market, regulatory, client and competitor factors, trends and best practices for Transaction Banking Digital offerings to identify, assess and make recommendations that reflect the opportunities and/or threats presented by new and/or emerging developments
- Plan and manage the launch and roll-out of new and enhanced features of Digital banking to clients seamlessly.
- Prepare and deliver materials, guidance, training and support on Client on-boarding and digital processes
- Manage & coordinate outsource teams, where applicable.
A successful Client Onboarding Manager should demonstrate the following behaviors:
Develops our People: Builds talent and teams by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage
Drives Value for Clients: Enables economic value and positive social impact for Clients, companies, governments, and communities
Works as a Partner: Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for the bank and our Clients
Champions Progress: Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of bank’s vision and global strategy
Lives our Values: Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short- and long-term risks
Delivers Results: Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with Bank ABC’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
Ensure a climate of openness, transparency and accountability for compliance with external regulations and internal risk policies and procedures, where issues are raised and escalated, as appropriate and required, in a timely manner.
Ensure that stakeholders and reports are educated on risk and compliance matters, and that all employees in reporting line complete mandatory training to schedule.
Ensure that policies and procedures for your area(s) of responsibility are clearly documented, stored in an accessible manner, and kept up to date.
Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests).
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
This job involves managing the digital client onboarding process for Bank ABC’s Wholesale Banking customers. This is a rapidly changing environment, requiring the jobholder to constantly keep up to date with market, client and regulatory developments and understand the implications for product developments and enhancements. The jobholder will be engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across a range of organisations and interests, and constantly having to act on own initiative, providing solutions and thinking creatively.
- Good understanding of Client Account Opening & Documentation requirements
- Client service orientation
- Digital Client On-boarding & Implementation
- Digital Client Cross-sell of existing and new products
- Knowledge of cash products including extensive knowledge of Online banking
- Extensive knowledge of Know Your Customer (KYC) policies and procedures
- Ability to identify product gaps and structure solutions
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues
- Ability to identify digital trends in Banking/Fintech/Payments and make business recommendations
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, ranging from initial concepts through implementation
- Ability to work and drive broad group of stakeholders, countries, global and regional teams
- Ability to coordinate effectively in a multicultural and multiregional environment
- Self-starter – can work independently
- Ability to negotiate and influence with senior leaders to gain commitment
- Outstanding relationship management skills with the ability to develop partnerships across many business and functional area
Education / Certifications
- Graduate Degree (Banking, Finance, Business, or related discipline)
- Post Graduate Degree (desired but not required)
- 4-6 years’ experience working in similar client service and implementation management role in the Financial Services Industry
- Significant post qualification experience in Transaction Banking/ Cash Management area
- Successful proven track-record of managing clients and digital on-boarding
- Successful proven track-record of excellent relationship management across global organisations
- Experience of delivering stretched business goals in a challenging and changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong networking, interpersonal, cross-cultural, communication, and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent creative and innovative thinking skills
- Ability to work accurately, under high pressure within fixed and short timeframes
- Ability to work across organizational and cultural boundaries
- Quality and results oriented
- Strong business acumen and commercial judgement
- High integrity and work ethics