Group Head of Regulatory Risk & Portfolio Management
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrein Manama Capital Governorate BH
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 juin 18 2018-06-15
To lead initiatives in the Regulatory Risk & Portfolio Management space which include:
- Development and periodic review of the Group Risk Appetite and to ensure it is cascaded within the organization
- Management of the Group's Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process and preparation of the regulatory submission document
- To manage initiatives relating to the Group’s Integrated Credit, Market and Liquidity Stress Testing along-with development of Macroeconomic Models for Stress Testing
- To manage the Group’s IFRS9 framework development and implementation
- Setup of the Group’s capital allocation framework, study risk-reward relationships & RAROC within the Group’s portfolios and conduct strategic business reviews
- Part of the core team for preparation of key regulatory submission documents, e.g. Recovery & Resolution Plan and Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP)
- Provide guidance to teams within subsidiaries on aspects relating to Risk Appetite, Stress Testing, ICAAP and other regulatory aspects
- To proactively scan the regulatory environment and ensure that the Bank is prepared to meet evolving regulations in the risk management space
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Proactively scan the regulatory environment (publications from the Basel Committee, Central Bank of Bahrain - Group’s home regulator, Prudential Regulatory Authority – UK, and other jurisdictions in which the Group operates which include US, Brazil and MENA countries) and review prevailing and emerging regulations along with their impact on the Bank’s business.
- Providing responses to regulatory consultations as and when required
- Lead internal group awareness on risk related regulations (prevailing and emerging) in the key group jurisdictions.
- Enable suitable internal response and preparedness for compliance with risk regulations.
- Interact with regulators and lead the Bank’s response on matters related to risk management.
B) Risk Strategy and Appetite:
- Assist the GCCRO/ Group Head of Risk in preparation of the Group Risk Appetite and be able to present its linkages with the Group’s Business Plan
- Review the Risk Appetite of subsidiaries to ensure alignment with the Group Risk Appetite
C) Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP):
- Responsible for owning the Group ICAAP and leading its implementation/ embedding within the risk management processes.
- Responsible for periodic review of the Group ICAAP and its presentation to Senior Management Committee(s) and Board Risk Committee for approval
- In co-ordination with other risk management verticals, develop/ enhance risk measurement methodologies employed in ICAAP
- Review and provide guidance to subsidiaries on their ICAAPs
D) Stress Testing:
- Responsible for establishment of the group-wide integrated stress testing framework
- Responsible for development of stress testing scenarios based on inputs from Senior Management Committee(s)
- In co-ordination with other risk management verticals, model impact of the scenarios on the Bank’s key performance/ risk indicators
- Communicate the results of Stress Testing to the Board Risk Committee and other Senior Management Committee(s) on a periodic basis e) Ensure that results of the stress tests feed into the Bank’s strategic decision-making and other risk management processes, e.g. ICAAP, Risk Appetite formulation, etc.
E) Strategic Decision Making
- Review capital allocation, study risk-return relationships, RAROC analysis for the Group’s portfolios and conduct strategic business reviews
- In conjunction with Group Finance, oversee implementation of Basel-III capital and liquidity regulations for the Group; along-with any subsequent enhancements to the framework (as and when issued by the regulator)
- In conjunction with Group Finance, lead development of the Internal Liquidity Assessment Framework and Contingency Funding Plans
- In conjunction with Group Finance, assist in development/ enhancement of the Group Recovery and Resolution Plan