IT Network Specialist
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrein
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 sept. 17
This position is responsible for planning, developing and implementing all aspects of the bank’s voice and data communications networks. The role involves preparing low-level design, installation and maintenance of network infrastructure to support Group Information systems. The role also involves close collaboration with Group Head of IT Infrastructure to develop strategic plans to ensure that the Group’s long term telecommunications needs are identified and met. Coordination with other IT staff to demonstrate and deploy new core network associated technologies across the bank. Prepares activity and progress reports as requested.
- Develop strategic plans to ensure that the Group’s long term Network & Telecommunications needs are identified and achieved.
- Proactively monitor the Group’s global communications (MPLS) infrastructure and ensure minimal interruption.
- Monitor and administer the bank’s Local Area Network (LAN)
- Administer and secure bank’s Wireless Network
- Administer and manage the bank’s IP Telephony & video conferencing setup.
- Manage and support global remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Manage and administer bank’s Firewall, including upgrades, reviewing rules and deploying patches.
- Operational Management of Internet and Intranet services
- Ensure hardening of all network & communication devices in line with Information Security baseline policies.
- Install, configure, integrate, upgrade and troubleshoot bank’s global network routers, local switches and general network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose network issues swiftly and provide root cause analysis.
- Ensure 24x7 network availability and ensure minimal outages.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
- Prepare network design/architecture for new Group offices globally and assist in procuring and implementing recommended network infrastructure.
- Provide adequate guidance to Network resources in Group offices with implementing security baselines and hardening Network devices.
- Proactively monitor network infrastructure to enhance performance and report any issues to Group Head of IT Infrastructure.
- Respond and address audit comments in a timely manner. Assist Group offices in addressing comments related to their local Network Infrastructure.
- Actively participate in the bank’s global Disaster Recovery test and provide Network topology recommendations to ensure smooth transition of bank services to DR systems.
- Ensure approved security standards are followed.
- Prepare technical and user documentation for new network technologies once deployed.
- Provide technical assistance and support to Group IT staff & local IT teams.
- Liaise with vendors for communication / configuration, failures and updates on Network Infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 8 - 10 years’ hands on experience in IT Network Administration preferably with a financial institution. Current experience should involve management and configuration of enterprise-wide LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN, IP Telephony, Firewalls, IPS, Proxy etc.
- Advanced CISCO certification is mandatory.
- Certification on other network & security technologies such as Firewall, VPN and IPS is desired.
- Understanding and some experience on Windows & UNIX Operating systems is desirable.
- General understanding of banking applications and database functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a small team of Network engineers locally and across the Group if needed.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to plan own time effectively.