Technology Lead for Bank ABC’s Cash Management & Document Trade initiative. This initiative is part of Bank ABC’s digitisation programme for Group Transaction Banking. Specifically, this role will be the technology lead for the implementation, integration and deployment of cash management solution for the Group.
The position is within the Application Services unit department based in Bahrain. The Application Services Unit is responsible for both development and rollout of new system and the support of legacy systems.
The Applications Services Unit has responsibility for the majority of the mission critical applications used in the Head Office as well as those used in the international branch network.
This position is primarily responsible for taking a lead, hands on role in major developments and support activity. Liaising with Business, IT and vendors to clearly understand requirements, integration flows in partnership with local and global users and business teams. To collect, priorities, normalize and document and communicate them in a manner that can be properly sized and implemented in a consistent manner in line with the strategic vision and plans. Work closely with IT developers and vendors ensuring developments are inline and to the quality expected, assisting in trouble shooting and locating problems across the applications landscape both locally and globally.
Additionally, the individual should be able to set development standards and development methodologies and be able to recommend procedures for ensuring those developments adhere to and for ensuring that development standards are kept up to date.
This position involves mentoring and coaching the programmers for both new developments and support activities. The individual may be called upon to manage a team of programmers for large projects or may be required to assign programmers to other teams for short periods.
The individual may also be called upon to implement out of the box solutions as well as those solutions that require customizations. The candidate must be able to understand the gaps and be able to priorities and explore alternatives that provide the best value add for ABC.
A key underlying need is to understand the technology and solution in place and the nature of vendors to enable this individual to guide the development team to ensure the best approach is taken that is in line with ABC’s technology strategy.
Work closely with third parties/vendors to follow-up on the resolution of issues/bugs of retail applications.
Interacts with third parties/vendors of a specific wholesale, retail, credit and debit card applications.
Perform other job-related duties as they arise Participates in special projects as they arise
Communicate with various project stakeholders including business sponsors, senior management, program manager, business users
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Mentor and Guide the programmers regarding best practice and approach.
- Provide input to Application Services Head regarding technology direction.
- Ensure developers are aware of development standards.
- Ensure only authorized work is undertaken.
- Ensure all development is documented.
- Review Designs when requested to do so.
- Manage coding and unit testing when requested to do so.
- Ensuring that tasks are completed on time and that your peers are aware of the status of activities at all time.
- Provide input to the team regarding processes and methodologies and utilities which may streamline the effectiveness of the team.
- Be proactive and multi-task activities.
- Exchange information with other teams regarding key technologies and projects.
- Ensure change control procedures are in place and the developers are following them.
- Prepare or participate in the preparation of standards and procedures for development and support.
- Work with internal auditors to assure them that standards and procedures are being adhered to.
- Work with vendors to ensure SIRs and Development are implemented as expected.
- Liaise with Business to understand and document requirements and communicate those requirements to IT and vendors.
- Provide support to IT when called upon to do so in a post go live environment.
- Support UAT and Vendor testing and acceptance.
- Work closely with third parties/vendors in order to follow-up on the resolution of issues/bugs
- Communicate and document requirements and problems clear, concise and meaningful matter
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
- At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with Bank ABC’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
- Ensure a climate of openness, transparency and accountability for compliance with external regulations and internal risk policies and procedures, where issues are raised and escalated, as appropriate and required, in a timely manner.
- Ensure that stakeholders and reports are educated on risk and compliance matters, and that all employees in reporting line complete mandatory training to schedule.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for your area(s) of responsibility are clearly documented, stored in an accessible manner, and kept up to date.
- Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
- Knowledge of systems and applications in the Banking and Financial Services domain with demonstrable experience in Corporate / Wholesale Baking particularly in the area of Transaction Banking.
- Knowledge of Transaction Banking products such as Cash Products, Trade Finance Products, Credit and Market Risk metrics, Derivatives, Securities Products, Supply Chain Finance, Factoring and Discounting
- Ability to analyze System architecture and translate it into interface specifications (Micro service or REST API endpoints as per Solution in FSD).
- Function as Techno-Functional expert for system architecture Design and documentation of Omni Channel API's features and functional capabilities.
- Monitor and debug of API connecting different systems to ensure they work well together.
- Lead support of SIT, Regressions, Performance tuning and integrations - Interfacing applications with banks integrated ecosystem.
- Lead Technology Effort Estimation and Proposal creations
- Perform Prototyping and researching alternative implementation strategies
- Technologies: XML, Abstraction, WEB services, SQL, PL SQL, MQ
Education / Certifications
- Comp Science BSc (2:1 or above), English GCSE (B+)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in a similar role
- Experience of development standards
- Excellent analytical skills
- A good understanding of Oracle RDBMs
- Experience of working with large multi-tier applications
- Knowledge of banking in at least one or more of these areas: (AML, Front Office, Back Office, Risk Systems, Payments, Supply Chain Finance, Factoring and Discounting
- Track record of designing and delivering applications (System Development Life Cycle)
- Hands-on experience with Loans Product, TF Products, Credit and Market Risk metrics, Derivatives, Securities Products
- Experience with Transaction Banking systems particularly in the areas of Cash Management, Trade Finance, or Supply Chain Finance.
- Prior knowledge and experience in implementation of solutions from global transaction banking platform providers.
- Abstraction, WEB services, SQL, Object Orientation, PL SQL, MQ
- Experience in working within a Project Structure