To manage the development and maintenance of industry leading Payments and Payables products under Cash Management for the MENA Region, ensuring team members and internal partners have the appropriate capability, information, support and commitment needed, to deliver best in class services that meet the needs of clients and comply with relevant strategies, plans, policies, procedures, standards, processes, regulations and risk parameters.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
In terms of the responsibilities required for the successful delivery of the function, the following apply:
- As a member of the specific Product, Client Segment or Country Unit execute the 'One Bank ABC' strategy, actively collaborating with colleagues across borders, across clients and across products, to deliver a coordinated and seamless 'One-Bank' to the client experience
- Proactively plan, organize and deliver work responsibilities efficiently and effectively, where required allocating tasks to team members, agreeing delivery timescales, monitoring progress and providing management information, to deliver sustainable growth and profitability in line with strategic objectives and risk parameters
- Manage the development and implementation of changes to the specific Product, Client Segment or Country Unit, working with colleagues to continuously identify and embed innovative improvements, that ensure the Unit operates increasingly increasingly effectively, efficiently and integrally in line with performance objectives and risk parameters
- Encourage and support a high performance, continuous learning and client centered culture, demonstrating Bank ABC's values and behaviors, to unite and motivate all staff to perform at their best and strive to deliver sustainable success for Transaction Banking and Bank ABC
- Set expectations and manage, monitor, coach and develop team members, providing support and guidance, to ensure that they maximize their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Research and evaluate market, regulatory, client and competitor factors, trends and best practices for Payments and Payables products under Cash Management to identify, assess and make recommendations about Bank ABC products that reflect the opportunities and/or threats presented by new and/or emerging developments
- Manage the end-to-end lifecycle of industry leading Payments and Payables products under Cash Management, including product strategy, requirements, development, pricing and performance, to deliver best-in-class innovative products that meet the needs of clients and comply with Bank ABC and regulatory requirements
- Manage the development and implementation of global marketing programs for Payments and Payables products under Cash Management, actively engaging internal partners to gain commitment in delivering the programs and provide any necessary sales support and materials, in order to promote the products in target markets and generate a consistent flow of Trade sales opportunities
- Plan and manage the launch and roll-out of new and enhanced Payments and Payables Payments and Payables products services across Bank ABC branches, engaging relevant stakeholders and building internal organizational readiness, to ensure the smooth adoption of Payments and Receivables offerings by internal partners and external clients
- Deliver materials, guidance, training and support on Payments and Payables products services, providing effective communication and dissemination of all appropriate information, to ensure that staff have the necessary technical capability needed to deliver Payments and Receivables activities effectively
- Actively participate in the origination and execution of complex Payments and Payables transactions, supporting regional and global coverage colleagues and developing innovative multiple product solutions that meet the needs of clients, to drive revenue growth and profitability
The Group Performance Management and Annual Bonus framework set out the process for reviewing and rewarding performance. Annual Bonus is based on three elements – Group performance, Unit performance and Individual performance. Detailed Key Performance Indicators (including calculations, sources, baselines etc.) are provided in scorecards, but the underlying performance objectives are set out below.
- Group Performance is based on one financial objective, to build core Group profits and at the same time encourage top line growth and improve shareholder returns through a targeted focus on ROE.
- Unit Performance is based on Financial, Strategic and ARC objectives. The Financial objectives are to grow operating income and improve portfolio profitability. The Strategic objectives are to optimize clients portfolio; deepen relationships; gather more corporate deposits; and drive more cross-network business. The ARC objective is to meet the audit, risk and compliance performance requirements as defined globally.
- Individual Performance is based on ‘what’ has been delivered and ‘how’ it has been delivered. The ‘what’ is defined in Annual Objectives. These are either stretching ways of delivering the Principal Accountabilities or one-off things required in any given year. The ‘how’ relates to the demonstration of excellent behaviors. These include excellent team working, application of the Corporate Values (3C’s) and adherence to Risk and Compliance requirements.
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with Bank ABC’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
Ensure a climate of openness, transparency and accountability for compliance with external regulations and internal risk policies and procedures, where issues are raised and escalated, as appropriate and required, in a timely manner.
Ensure that stakeholders and reports are educated on risk and compliance matters, and that all employees in reporting line complete mandatory training to schedule.
Ensure that policies and procedures for your area(s) of responsibility are clearly documented, stored in an accessible manner, and kept up to date.
Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests).
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
This job involves managing Payments and Payables products under Cash Management. This is a rapidly changing environment, requiring the jobholder to constantly keep up to date with market, client and regulatory developments and understand the implications for product developments and enhancements. The jobholder will be engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across a range of organisations and interests, and constantly having to act on own initiative, providing solutions and thinking creatively.
- Excellent understanding of Payments and Payables products, processes, technology & industry
- Extensive understanding of online, direct access channels & payments hub.
- Extensive knowledge of financial file formats such as ISO 20022, XML, SWIFT, BAI etc.
- Extensive knowledge of payment modes/channels like Swift, RTGS, ACH, File ACT, Mobile Wallets, Payment Fintech Solutions etc.
- Extensive understanding of the regulatory environment & obligations
- Extensive understanding of end-to-end product management
Education / Certifications
- Graduate degree (Banking, Finance, Business, IT or related discipline)
- Advanced/Professional qualification (or similar experience)
- Significant post qualification experience in Transaction Banking/ Cash Management, including product management and development (at least 8 years)
- Successful proven track-record of managing Payments and Payables Product Management/Development teams
- Successful proven track-record of excellent relationship management across global organisations
- Experience of delivering stretching business goals in a challenging and changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong networking, interpersonal, cross-cultural, communication, and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent creative and innovative thinking skills
- Ability to work accurately, under high pressure within fixed and short timeframes
- Ability to work across organizational and cultural boundaries
- Quality and results oriented
- Strong business acumen and commercial judgement
- High integrity and work ethics