The job purpose is to plan, organise and control the operational resources of the Treasury Operations team on a day to day basis, in order to ensure effective oversight of the Treasury Front Office and minimise operational risk to the bank. To ensure that all operational activities are executed in a manner that delivers a quality customer service experience whilst ensuring the efficient and effective use of resources.
The job holder is expected to gain a thorough understanding of the Bank’s systems, process flows, Target Operating Model (TOM) and support the Head of Treasury Operations in successful Service Delivery of the Treasury Operations Unit.
The job holder will also be managing the Operational activities pertaining to Treasury Operations and Marketable Securities.
The job holder will need to exhibit a high degree of personal integrity, a ‘can-do’ attitude, an ability to work in a highly diverse environment, a zealousness for delivering change and a passion for challenging the status quo.
The job holder will be closely working with the Operations, Bahrain Risk, IT, Business Process Management and Project Management teams to ensure successful implementation of projects and initiatives.
The job holder will be expected to work with Operations management and other key stakeholders to ensure that operational activities and associated change programmes are aligned to the Group’s strategic objectives whilst managing risks to within the established Group risk appetite.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Treasury Operations the job holder will:
- Be responsible as a deputy to the Head of Treasury Operations in Managing the Treasury and Marketable Securities Operations function Department and deploy the 3 year strategic plan for the centralization of all Treasury Operations activities across the Group.
- Development and deployment of operational best practices using recognised industry concepts e.g. Lean / Six Sigma as well as Treasury industry knowledge to increase process efficiency whilst minimising operational risks,
- Implementation of Key Performance metrics to drive a consistent, rigorous and on-going assessment of the team’s operational performance,
- Work with the Head of Treasury Operations on delivery of strategic change initiatives across ABC in accordance with the priorities agreed by the ABC Mancom.
The job holder will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of organisational change and process improvements in order to simplify existing activities and ultimately deliver scalable operational solutions that can be consistently implemented across the Group as required.
- Maintain operating procedures required for the smooth functioning of the process and proactively identify and address operational risks.
- Managing, motivating, coaching and developing team members so that individual and collective performance meets the standards required.
- Ensure that the processes have adequate capacity for seamless service delivery. Provide back-up cover for other colleagues absent due to sickness, training, annual leave etc.
- Work with the team to produce detailed Management Information periodically on Key metrics including but not limited to volumes, trends, Quality, Service Levels etc.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Units on Projects and process improvement initiatives and business support in Treasury activities, projects etc.,
- Review processes and workflows on an ongoing basis to improve accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness. Prepare a range of returns for management, in an accurate, compliant and timely manner to enable them to monitor and control risk effectively.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of market conditions and developments to ensure that best practice is adopted where required.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders in Treasury, Risk, Compliance, Finance and Commercial Banking and Financial Institutions (CB&FI).
- Identifying and assessing trends in issues and workflow, investigating further when appropriate and implementing changes or co-ordinating support from other parties to resolve matters and minimise the risk of re-occurrence.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of market conditions, bank products and services to ensure that best practice is adopted where required.
- Respond to a range of demanding enquiries, clarifying customers and other departments/units understanding of the information being given.
To support the above the job holder is expected to have a strong and broad knowledge of Treasury Products and Treasury operational best practices and experience of working as part of a team that develops and delivers transformational change initiatives.A solid understanding of Lean or Six Sigma tools and methodologies is also desirable.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience of derivatives / structured products.
- Strong Knowledge and understanding of other Treasury product families including Securities and Islamic products.
- Solid understanding of the commercial nature and risks associated with Treasury related services and products.
Where appropriate will have a detailed knowledge of the regulatory practices which may impact the work of the department and an understanding of the likely impact of forthcoming change.
Education / Certifications
- Degree level qualification in banking, finance, accountancy or business administration.
- 10 – 12 years working experience in Treasury Support areas of which at least 5 have been in a Managerial position responsible for team development and the implementation of strategic change initiatives.
- Strong personal integrity
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work proactively without supervision.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in English and ideally one other ABC business language, i.e. Arabic.
- Ability to speak in public and to stakeholders confidently.
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective interactions with all levels in the business.
- Ability to manage conflict and work under pressure.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strong time management and results orientation.
- Flexible and positive approach to work, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to think beyond what is being requested.
- Ability to work under pressure, with strong time management skills and proven track record in planning, managing and prioritizing own and teams’ work.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to learn new systems and identify and define problems and solutions.