VP – Structural Liquidity Planning
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrein Manama Capital Governorate BH
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 mars 18 2018-03-17
Responsible for Structural liquidity planning and management. Funding and structural liquidity planning and management, Funds Transfer Pricing, management of Liquidity ratios, Contingency funding plans. General management and other functions
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Structural Liquidity Planning
- Develop and manage the Bank’s structural liquidity planning framework to include the following:
- Development and maintenance of the Bank’s structural liquidity and funding plan
- Preparing liquidity projections including impact of business growth assumptions
- Setting limits on intra-group funding lines and promote self-funded balance sheets across the Group
- Defining tenor limits and portfolio caps for certain types of assets as appropriate
- Develop and maintain the Bank’s Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) to include the following:
- Assess the Bank’s internal liquidity position
- Defining governance and management for the liquidity and funding risk
- Incorporate elements of Liquidity stress tests and scenario analysis, as needed
- Incorporating Contingency Funding Plan elements as needed
Structural Liquidity Management
- Review of existing funding mix, cost of funds associated with business portfolios and provide suggestions for diversification of the Bank's funding mix;
- Review of liquid asset buffers, HQLAs, LCR and NSFR and recommend appropriate mix of liquid portfolio to optimize earnings drag while maintaining liquidity metrics
- Conduct depositor analysis and assist in shaping the Bank’s funding strategy;
- Develop secured funding limits and assess adequacy of pool of available collaterals;
- Undertake behavioral studies of non-maturity products and off balance sheet items
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor liquidity metrics on an ongoing basis and inform Head of GBSM in case of breaches. This will include the following:
- Short term metrics – LCR, MLG, LADR, WBG etc.
- Medium term metrics – NSFR, Funding concentration, L/D ratio, Refinancing profile etc.
- Risk metrics – IRRBB, VaR, DV01 etc.
- Develop regular funding and liquidity reports in coordination with other departments for required inputs to the funding and liquidity reports for purview of Liquidity sub-committee and GALCO
- Create monthly Funding & Liquidity reporting. Working closely with the other staff members to ensure the guidelines can be updated accurately and on a timely basis.
- Interact with intercompany treasury departments on a regular basis to discuss liquidity and funding measures, data requests and projects.
Contingency Funding Plan
- Coordinate with Treasury & Financial Market risk and other departments as necessary in the development and maintenance of CFP to include:
- Conducting liquidity fire-drills to assess adequacy of CFP
- Periodic review to ensure relevance of CFP actions
- Ensuring CFP is linked to the RRP document as a continuum
Fund Transfer Pricing (FTP)
- Develop, implement and enforce a transparent, consistent and harmonious of FTP and Liquidity premium (LP) policy across the Group to include:
- FTP curve computation methodology
- LP computation and governance
- FTP rates application methodology
MIS via QRM
- Provide inputs / suggestions for enhancement, implementation (QRM Phase II) and maintenance of the QRM system, in coordination with Treasury & Financial Market Risk (T&FMR)
- Ensure appropriate MI is generated and presented using the QRM
- Assess system integrity tests on a periodic basis to ensure reconciliation to GL information.
- Assist with liquidity and funding enhancement projects, development of daily cash flow monitoring, ad hoc stress testing, incorporation of financial forecast, and expanded legal entity liquidity testing.
- Assist Head of GBSM in the overall administration and management of GALCO and the LSC to include preparation of agenda, meeting packs, compilation of analysis and maintenance of meeting minutes and action points.
- Prepare periodic presentations to Board on Group’s liquidity and funding position and strategic balance sheet funding and liquidity issues;
- Develop and report ad-hoc/on demand MI requirement on structural liquidity position and performance;
- Monitor updates to key international regulatory requirements and leading practices related to liquidity risk management.
- Monitor subsidiary level liquidity positions and maintain oversight at subsidiary level for implementation of group liquidity management framework.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
• Live the Group Values in everyday working life
• Develop talent / knowledge sharing / training
- Strong technical knowledge of ALM techniques and practices, term funding instruments, FTP etc.
- Treasury, financial markets and capital markets experience with Strong knowledge of Fixed Income, capital markets, and banking products.
- Strong technical knowledge to include capital and liquidity related regulations, liquidity optimization techniques and portfolio management.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and technical skills and aptitude to build advanced financial models
- Ability to effectively explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into business impact
Strong business skills with a good understanding of commercial drivers.
- Balanced judgement and superior analytical skills, particularly related to market data
- Ability to think strategically and understand implications of external risk factors to firm-wide balance sheet, capital and liquidity position
- Ability to apply detailed risk assessments to new proposals
- Negotiation / influencing skills when dealing with business and support functions
Degree of Complexity:
- Complex regulations in different geographic locations
- Complex financial markets and products
- Ever-changing regulatory, tax and accounting developments.
Education / Certifications
- Post Graduate or Professional degree (ACA, MBA, M.S Finance or Accounting, Financial Engineering) combined with strong intellect, judgment and problem solving skills.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in financial risk management, treasury, investment banking and/or financial markets of which 3 years in a leadership capacity
· International experience combined with a global perspective within a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to lead in thought and action, build senior management confidence and add organizational value. Strong personality with a capacity for open and critical analysis. Ability to establish credibility quickly with senior management and peers and to inspire confidence at senior levels.
- Project management involving multiple stakeholders