Privacy Consultant (Antwerpen/Gent/Brussel)
Mazars is a different player in audit, accounting, tax and advisory services. We are innovative and work with multi-disciplinary and integrated teams. We act as a hands-on partner to our customers and focus on their agenda. Every solution we propose is tailored to our clients' needs and we offer them individual and practical support to offer true added value. The successful candidate for this role will be
part of the advisory team and work under supervision of the more senior members. The successful candidate for this role will be managing (senior) advisory team members from an operational, budget- and technical perspective (from A to Y) including reporting to partners. Job Responsibilities
- Providing advice to clients on data protection, GDPR compliance and other privacy-related matters.
- Supporting all aspects of client engagement from scope definition to delivery:
- conducting scoping meetings and developing tailored solution project plans for clients,
- oversight of fieldwork including management, guidance and review of junior staff if involved,
- drafting plans and reports including proposed solutions and recommendations.
- Plan, analyse and interpret privacy-related information using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Present findings and recommendations in a customer-friendly manner (verbally and written).
- Business development on existing (and new) customers and contributing to the development of new projects and services.
- Client relationship management, including preparation and presentation of our reporting.
- Representing Mazars with the customer and enabling a relationship of respect and trust.
- Understanding the different services of Mazars in Belgium and how these can add value for our customer and Mazars in Belgium.
- Representing Mazars Belgium to different stakeholders and actively representing Mazars Belgium during networking events.
- Execution of ad-hoc assignments (i.e. often out of comfort zone - linked to brand new service offerings).
- People Oriented : Provides training and contributes to the general management of Mazars Advisory Services.
- Business Development : Actively looks for new assignments, prepares work plans and manages budgets.
- Technical Expertise : Develops training and applies correct risk management.
- Relevant experience working in a data protection or privacy compliance role, including compliance with privacy legislation or other relevant professional services experience.
- Understanding of data protection law and regulations and how to apply it within a business environment.
- Master or Bachelor degree in (Commercial or Applied) Engineering, (Applied) Economic Sciences, Mathematics, Law … or equivalent through experience.
- Demonstrable strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to analyse complex information, identify key points and communicate in a relevant and easy to understand manner.
- Relevant experience with privacy.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, conversational French.
- Proven adaptability to a changing environment.
How to apply
- A varied job with significant career opportunities and a working environment where personal development is encouraged.
- A young, dynamic and pleasant work environment.
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package.
Interested? Please send your application letter and your curriculum vitae to:
Mazars believes in equal opportunities. All decisions made during the recruitment and employment are based on merit, skill and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender identification, illness, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or any other status protected under national or local laws.