Accounting Policy Officer
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 oct. 17 2017-10-23
Accounting Policy Officer
Are you curious about the impact of accounting policies and regulatory reporting in the banking industry?
Is analyzing and implementing these regulations something you see as a challenge and a continuous learning process?
Do you want to become a spokesperson towards finance teams, business departments, Regulators and external Auditors?
Then our open position as "Accounting and Regulatory Policies Officer" is a unique opportunity
Your role ...
• You advice the accounting and reporting teams (in Belgium and in our subsidiaries) and the senior management for adequate accounting treatment.
• You interact with other internal stakeholders parties (such as Risk Management, the business and Financial Control) to share/explain the right accounting treatment.
- You follow-up and remain up-to-date on changes in the accounting standards and rules.
- You coordinate the implementation of these changes in the broader Finance organization. You are working in close collaboration with your colleagues in the head office of ING, in the reporting and accounting teams and in our subsidiaries and foreign branches.
- You represent ING Belgium in meetings with Febelfin and/or similar organisations.
- You maintain a close relationship with Group Policies & Procedures and you leverage on their knowledge and expertise.
- You maintain a relationship with the external auditor on the matters in scope.
You will work in a very dynamic environment, ideal to understand the challenging world of the Banking Industry.
You have ...
- A master degree: economics, business studies, ...
- At least 5 years of experience in financial analysis, legal reporting or audit function, by preference with a link to the banking environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong capabilities in writing highly technical memos in an efficient, easy and understandable way
- Strong knowledge of English/ and Dutch or French
Want to make a meaningful impact?
At ING our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We believe that sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to make a better future for themselves and those around them.
ING Belgium is a creative and dynamic environment where thousands of employees collaborate to offer a differentiating experience for Retail and Private Banking customers as well as individuals, freelancers, SMEs, large corporations, institutions and corporate clients.
As the first direct universal bank, we are a global financial institution with a strong European foundation, recognized as the Best Bank in Belgium and as an employer of choice for consecutive years.
If this is the environment you thrive in, then apply and join us in changing the future of banking!