- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique Bruxelles Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 30 juil. 18 2018-07-30
Within the Group Accounting & Reporting (GAR), the Consolidation Officer supports the preparation of the Group consolidated accounts and internal financial reporting, in compliance with IFRS, and performs the analysis for the appropriate understanding of financial statements by internal and external stakeholders *LI-MC1
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Our products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices, batteries, in mineral and oil extraction, among many other applications promoting sustainability. Our lightweighting materials enhance cleaner mobility, our formulations optimize the use of resources, and our performance chemicals improve air and water quality.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Group (Solvay) IFRS REPORTING: You prepare the financial reporting in order to provide IFRS compliant, financial information to shareholders and management.
- Review and supervise the CONSOLIDATION packages of the companies of the group in order to report accurate financial information within the deadlines and according to the applicable accounting standards and policies.
- Post consolidation entries, not performed automatically by the consolidation tool (BFC)
- Support the preparation of the consolidated cash flow statement
- Provide financial information to the investor relations department and contributes to the annual report preparation
- Ensure continuous improvement of accounting processes and activities liaising with SBS and company accounting managers
- Act as point of contact for external audits and provide required documentation
Education and Experience
- University degree in financial area / economics / accounting or similar -
- Min. 5 years of experience in relevant financial consulting (big four) /consolidation roles, preferably in an international environment
- Good accounting knowledge including reporting and consolidation, accounting standards: IFRS - Knowledge of BFC user; skilled in Excel - Strong Collaborative skills and effective teamwork
- Achievement drive
- Ability to manage priorities
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of French (knowledge of extra languages is an asset)
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.
Agency calls not appreciated.