Data Management Analyst
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 févr. 19
Data Management Analyst
Data Management Analyst - Customer Journey Expert
In the development of a "Next Generation Digital Banking Platform", ING renews its data management capabilities as a global cornerstone in the Unite transformation. We realize a well governed data lake that ensures data availability, common understanding of business terms, data quality is measured & issues are remediated, data is traceable and controlled in line with regulations : an ambitious implementation based on leading technology. We seek enthusiastic analysts with passion for data, knowledge and experience in data management tot ensure that our new generation data lake is optimally aligned with business requirements and terminology. You work in a multidisciplinary team ('squad') with data management analysts & engineers in the Data Management tribe to deliver great business outcome.
ING Belgium and ING Netherlands have begun intensive cooperation. This means that you have many contacts with employees of the Data Management tribe within ING Belgium and the Netherlands, with other tribes and with ING Group colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
• Collaborate with business data owners/data stewards to understand their data, their data needs and business context. Analyze the data to onboard in the data management platform,
• Bring the data under governace by recording the d data definitions in the data dictionary and maintain them as part of metadata management.
• Set up conceptual, logical, and dimensional data models, and define default terms for the business terms, based on the IBM Banking Data Warehouse (BDW) Model and the "ING Esperanto", the data definitions for the entire ING Group.
• Test set data models and keep consistency and quality.
• Match the local and global definitions to the requirements of data users, data owners and other stakeholders.
• Are a sparring partner for IT specialists for translating the conceptual, logical, or dimensional data model into the physical data model.
• Set requirements for data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy and other relevant aspects for business terms / data assets.
• Initiate data management improvements, set data quality, data security, data privacy, data issue remediation guidelines and standards, and support the setting up of data management and data governance processes.
• Guide and coach others in the field of data management, such as data stewards in the business domains, and encourages the organization to become 'data minded'
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems. You have a passion for data, sense for accuracy and wall the talk.
• Broad knowledge and deep practical experience with data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy, data lifecycle management, data issue remediation and other data-governance practices.Industry knowledge on data related government regulatory requirements (GDPR, BCBS 239 ...),
• Knowledge and experience with data modeling techniques and the development of conceptual, logical and dimensional data models and the safeguarding of their interdependence.
• Experience in compiling and aligning on definitions for business terms.
• Conceptually and analytically strong to make the right modeling choices.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders.
• Excellent command of English in word and writing to define business terms (and Dutch/French is an asset).
• Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams.
• Experience with the role of product owner or scrum master in case of a combined product owner and analyst function. Scrum certification.
• Experience with core banking, finance or risk processes is an added value.
We offer you
A brand new position in a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
The possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture.