GCS Analyst, Client Service
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 15 nov. 18
GCS Analyst, Client Service
The Collateral Management product suite has been developed to meet the continuous requirements by major financial institutions and principle brokerage firms to improve their profit ratios. The successful management of their collateral (securities or cash) to support this was a logical development within the securities industry.
The mission of the Global Collateral Services business line is to handle the administration and collateralization for the Global Collateral product suite.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Through various systems and applications including but not limited to AccessEdge, SMDB, GSP, TLM:
• Reconcile the Clients' holdings between GSP, AccessEdge and the Sub Custodians - questioning and researching where there are discrepancies.
• Reflect Client security transactions:
Ø Repo Trade Confirmations
Ø Set-up of the tri-party repo trades in GCM systems.
Ø Securities Recalls and Pledge Transactions
Ø Set-up of the security transactions in various systems
Ø Monitor the settlement of the security transactions trades and their correct reflection in AccessEdge and GSP
• Static Data Quality-Checks
Ø Perform data quality-checks on securities
• Cash Instructions
Ø Process Client cash instructions within the set currency deadlines
• Client Reporting
Ø Send 'au fil de l'eau' the customized reporting to Collateral Providers and Takers once the repo trades are duly collateralized.
Ø Handle queries internally and with the clients in relation to the settlement of collateral.
Ø Ensure anything ambiguous is clarified in order to prevent clients having to query the information they have received.
• Portfolio Services
Ø Monitor portfolio servicing events and proceeds
Ø Respond to client queries
Ø Maintain client relationships
2. Working Practices:
- Take care to study and follow procedures in place. Seek clarification and/or challenge should anything not make sense.
- When there are issues, ask the necessary questions and escalate should the answers not be sufficient to resolve the issue.
- Ensure all work assigned to you is accurately completed and escalate to a controller, in a timely manner, when needed. Ensure your reports are correctly and clearly commented on a daily basis.
- Consider and assess the risk behind all actions being given for authorisation and make full use of the tools in place such as the daily reports in order to prioritise and make sure everything is under control. These, to ensure our clients' books are correct.
- Take ownership of your own training and question when information does not make sense. Look for new ways of working that are more efficient and present your ideas to your peers and supervisors.
- Be flexible and open minded to new policies and procedures that will inevitably be changed as and when markets and business practices evolve. Embrace change and without delay employ the new practices into the working day; do not wait to be asked or reminded.
- Promote good communication both within and outside of the team including other lines of business within our organization situated in the different processing teams around the globe.
- If an issue is raised take ownership of issues. Be client focused and proactively take the necessary steps to help resolve the problem taking measures to mitigate any risk BNY Mellon might end up facing at a later stage should the issue not be resolved.
Key competencies/knowledge required:
Ø Fluent English; written and vocal
Ø Client focus
Ø Team Player
Ø Questioning mind - result oriented
Ø Problem solving skills
Ø Organizational skills - ability to prioritize
Ø Good learning ability - eager to learn
Ø System skills
Ø Risk / Control minded
Ø Able to work with deadlines and under high pressure
Ø Accurate / Precise
Ø Be ready to work in shifts, the latest shift currently finishing at 6:30 PM CET
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70106
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1816652