Senior Software Engineering Manager (C# SQL)
Job Description Associate Director -Senior Software Engineering Manager focuses on the direct line management of a team of Engineers:
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to interpret requirements for Business Missions/Epics.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Lead design activities for Business Missions/Epics.
- Take ownership of business missions/epics and stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements.
- Define and maintain coding standards and guide team members to comply with these standards.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Lead team members in the investigation and root cause analysis for software problems reported by clients. Communicate with clients via email and phone regarding these defects.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Review code, lead refactoring activities, provide guidance from a technical perspective
- Ensure that your team members work collaboratively with all functional areas.
- Work with senior managers to define engineering best practices and guide your team to continuously their engineering practices.
- Design professional development/training programs that fit the needs of your team members.
- Work closely with HR on talent acquisition and talent management; provide job descriptions, perform interviews, develop on-boarding plans, develop succession plans, etc.
- Provide input and track expense budgets covering training, travel and team building
- Guide your subordinates to plan their careers, set both long and short term goals.
- Communicate the vision from senior management and set and communicate business objectives for your team that align with this vision.
- Accurately assess the performance of your direct reports, perform timely PE's, coach and provide guidance based on performances and potential.
- Nominate candidates for promotion with reasonable justifications.
- Understand what motivates each of your team members; manage morale and turnover
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related majors from top institutions, Master as a plus.
- Deep understanding if Object Oriented designing and programming.
- 7+ years' professional software development experiences on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Strong people skills
- Proven ability to manage a team of Engineers
- Strong expertise on agile processes, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration; mentors others in an effort to improve development process more broadly
- Can motivate team members to succeed in a fast-paced team environment; is a calming influence to the team in the face of strong pressures to meet deadlines
- Skilled at setting objectives and evaluating the performance of individuals
- Is skilled in the areas of talent acquisition and talent management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Consistently displays good presentation skills
- Competent in Development tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse (CDT), IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, etc.
- Competent in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
- Competent in Application Servers: IIS, Tomcat, WebSphere, Resin, Jetty, Apache, ExpressJS, etc.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.