Senior Specialist, Regulatory Oversight Management (COO Office)
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 19 janv. 18 2018-01-19
Senior Specialist, Regulatory Oversight Management (COO Office)
The BNYM SA/NV COO office supports the COO (Chief Operations Officer), as part of the First Line of Defense, in pro-actively and adequately managing all responsibilities assigned to the COO by the Executive Committee of BNYM SA/NV. The COO office performs a key oversight role around the effectiveness of the BNYM SA/NV Outsourcing and Internal Control frameworks, systems, operational processes and controls, and around the effective management of regulatory/policy changes, to ensure on-going compliance with regulations and policies. The COO office is also responsible for dealing with relevant regulators and external auditor in coordination with the CEO and Compliance, including the management of responses, requests for information, examinations etc.
As part of the BNYM SA/NV Client Asset Safety team within the COO Office (First Line of Defense): support the Outsourcing and Client Asset Safety Manager on a daily basis in overseeing operational effectiveness of BNYM SA/NV systems, processes and controls, to ensure compliance with relevant Client Asset Safety Laws, Regulations and internal Policies, across all products and businesses impacting SA/NV and its branches.
As a member of the BNYM SA/NV Client Asset Safety Team:
- Support and control adherence to escalation and reporting guidelines for relevant businesses and business partners.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting to the governing bodies of BNYM SA/NV in respect of Client Asset Safety matters.
- Support the review and impact assessment of regulatory and/or business changes in relation to Client Asset Safety.
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of the legal entity related framework for Client Asset Safety.
- Support the investigation and reporting on the BNYM SA/NV's performance against Client Asset Safety risk appetite.
- Support the management and maintenance of the BNYM SA/NV custody models, and the production of Assets under Custody (AuC) reporting, whenever required.
- Support the oversight of activities outsourced by the BNYM SA/NV Client Asset Safety Team.
- Manage sub-projects driven by Client Asset Safety requirements or act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on such sub-projects.
- Contribute to the effective governance of BNYM SA/NV (including its Branches).
- Work in close collaboration with the 3 Lines of Defense.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Promptly follow-up on any regulatory breach.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Judgment Skills
- Managing Risk
Job Specific Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a systematic step-by-step manner.+
- Problem Solving: The ability to build a logical approach to resolve problems or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Project Management: Hands on project management of regulatory deliverables. The incumbent will be required to take full ownership and accountability of these deliverables, which will involve analysis, requirement capture, deliverable planning, stakeholder management and risk/issue management.
- Work Quality: The ability to demonstrate attention to detail to achieve quality results.
- Planning and Organisation: The ability to establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure consistent accomplishment of specific objectives.
- Motivation: The ability to create an environment that promotes a sense of achievement, caring and satisfaction; a concern for working against high standards of excellence.
Knowledge, soft and technical skills:
- Good knowledge of the local regulatory environment, and ongoing regulatory initiatives which impact BNYM SA/NV and the business lines
- Good understanding of the European regulatory framework
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry
- Good understanding of BNYM SA/NV organization
- Knowledge of BNY Mellon systems would be advantageous (however not essential)
- Good PC skills (Microsoft Excel and Word essential, PowerPoint useful)
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Focused attitude to work with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail, and high level of accuracy
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in working relationships with Managers and Senior Managers within BNY Mellon
- English fluency
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Investment Services provides a comprehensive range of services that are unrivaled in scale, precision and quality. Our services have the power to enhance transparency, maximize liquidity and mitigate risks.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Internal Jobcode: 70401
Organization: IS Reg Non Exec Director-HR16209
Requisition Number: 1715705