Specialist, Product Management
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 15 nov. 18
Specialist, Product Management
Specialist Product Management
BNY Mellon Markets Collateral Management provides collateral solutions to global market participants. Through the efficient and optimal collateralization of trading and counterparty exposures, Collateral Management assists its clients in managing risk, capital and liquidity via its ability to provide the broadest market, transaction and client coverage across several asset classes globally. As a member of the Collateral Management team, you will be part of a global market leader, working with a world class group in multiple global locations and servicing some of the largest clients worldwide.
Collateral Management & Segregation's comprehensive offering helps clients segregate, optimize, finance and "transform" collateral in support of their financial strategies. Institutional investors and intermediaries look to us for the global expertise, clarity and operational support they need to navigate an environment of sweeping regulatory change. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services clients need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. The Iindividual will:
- Act on behalf of the business on (technology/product) development projects, reviewing and signing off project documentation, providing business/user input into business and functional requirements and follow up until implementation.
- Focus on the development and implementation of a continuous improvement strategy including process improvements, productivity enhancements, cost reduction and efficiency gains as well as new products and services, industry initiatives and regulatory changes.
- Be responsible for ensuring that he/she gives the appropriate business input so as to ensure the deliverables meet the business requirements for the assigned function.
- Report to the Service Delivery Manager of the Business Project Management Team. He/she will have the ability to undertake any role for any type of project as defined.
- Have relationships with groups outside of the functional areas, namely, Business Program Services, Technology groups, Client Change Management, Clients, Product, Credit, Risk and Compliance.
- Work independently to manage a range of moderately complex products from development to sales and delivery.
- Support more experienced colleagues with relevant competitive, market and/or financial analyses to gain breadth/depth of knowledge in relevant products, services and platforms.
- Develop ideas for product enhancements and/or expansion to other regions/lines of business based on the risk and regulatory environment surrounding the products under development.
- Include collaboration with Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. as part of new product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning.
- Employ a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability across varying stages of their life cycle. Researches and supports product profitability by pricing for the assigned product or product line in order to achieve operating plan revenue goals.
- Perform ad-hoc competitive analyzes, market research, and regulatory research.
- Perform technical training, demonstration and develops user guides for clients while also preparing sales materials and training BNY Mellon professionals.
- Guide junior product managers and directs efforts of operations and systems managers as they implement systems and processes for clients and ensures compliance measures are followed.
- Provide guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed.
- Contribute to the achievement of multiple related teams objectives and profitability of assigned product(s).
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- Product Leadership Certification preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- Broker dealer, collateral, securities industry related experience an advantage.
- Team Player: collaborate with colleagues
- Self-driven, capable of working independently
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate a strong customer focus and customer orientation.
- Global acumen and good knowledge of the Company's principal custody and collateral management systems.
- Strong learning skills and capable of finding creative solutions.
- Risk minded, able to develop risk management skills as experience and understanding of the collateral management business develops.
- Excellent project management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MyShare and technical operating systems.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70238
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1814087