Our client is a major international payments operator, they are currently seeking a Senior Accountant.
The position will be part of the Controller’s group within their European Finance division, reporting to the Europe Accounting Manager. This branch is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the financials and providing advisory support to the business teams across a number of areas including accounting & controls, deal structures and M&A.
- Prepare & review the conversion of accounts from management GAAP (USGAAP) to local GAAP through the preparation/review of the statutory financial statements;
- Support the preparation of BeGAAP accounting and reporting compliance
- Coordination & support for statutory and tax audits
- Perform month-end closing process
- Responsible for tax accounting activities, including deferred tax accounting, VAT reconciliations, VAT turnover, tax audit support, payroll reconciliation
- ate financial integrity of Europe region books for entities within scope of responsibility
What we are looking for:
- Master or bachelor in accounting, audit or finance. CPA or relevant accounting certification is a plus
- Strong relevant work experience (audit, accounting, statutory reporting experience preferred)
- In-depth Excel skills combined with a good knowledge of common ERP (Oracle preferred) and reporting tools
- USGAAP knowledge in combination with either BeGAAP, French GAAP, Spanish GAAP, German GAAP or any other European GAAP
- Fluency in English is required, any other European language is a plus