- São Paulo, Bresil
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 16 janv. 18
Communications Strategist - Translator
Lieu de travail : São Paulo, BresilBased in Sao Paulo, the Communications Strategist - Translator will translate complex financial methodologies, research reports, press releases and other marketing materials into, and occasionally from, Portuguese. Working with Moody's analysts, the translator will ensure that workflow expectations are appropriately managed and that any problems identified are resolved or escalated. As a regional member of the communications team, you will also be involved in other activities such as supporting media enquiries from the Americas region, tracking media stories, promoting Moody's content externally, helping organize local Moody's events and working with counterparts in other regions. An understanding of financial terminology is important.
- Translate complex financial research reports, including rating methodologies, press releases and other relevant material into, and occasionally from, Portuguese
- Ensure that final documents are accurate, clear and flow well in the target language
- Foster strong relationship with internal clients, managing expectations with regards to translation services
- Exercise judgment when problems are identified proposing solutions to help further the translation process and escalating when necessary
- Support the Americas team by managing telephone and email media enquiries
- Give support to other communications activities, including helping track regional media clips and performing certain administrative tasks
The Communications team in Latin America works closely with Moody's credit analysts supporting the firm's presence in the region by ensuring that our opinions are understood by issuers, investors, regulators and media. Moody's Communications team is involved with media relations, content creation, translations and events.
- Applicants must have an appropriate translation, linguistics or journalism background
- Applicants must have relevant translation experience, preferably gained in the financial sector or a financial news environment
- Well developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Robust computer skills, experienced in the Microsoft office suite. SDL Trados Experience is preferable
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Flue ncy in both English and Portuguese; Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
- Capable of juggling multiple priorities working on tight deadlines
- Work using own initiative and without close supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.