AVP, Finance, Wealth Advice
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview The Wealth Finance department is accountable for the major financial functions of TDBG\u2019s wealth business, providing: business planning, financial analysis, measurement, valuation, and risk assessment services. The Wealth Finance team works closely with the business and TDBG\u2019s centralized financial expertise (e.g., Chief Accountant\u2019s Group, Enterprise Decision Support, Finance Shared Services, etc ) to provide quality expertise and advice consistent with overall TDBG\u2019s financial strategy and objectives. The Wealth Finance team provides Finance advisory support to the Wealth businesses including Direct Investing, Private Wealth Management, Financial Planning, TD Asset Management, WM Operations and Technology. Job Description
Reporting to the Vice President, Wealth Finance, the incumbent will join a strong team that provides best in class management reporting and business advisory support TD Wealth. Advice Business
The incumbent has a dual responsibility role \u2013 supporting the Advice business and supporting the CFO in their responsibilities.
The incumbent will lead three teams in Wealth Advice Finance who support the Wealth Canada Advice businesses (Financial Planning, Private Wealth Management). A Financial Result team responsible for: thorough, accurate management reporting; proactive development of new reporting; ad hoc support for business challenges; accounting policy, process and control. A Business Decision Support team responsible for: engaged process for forecast and plan; advice and governance for business cases; robust data governance and infrastructure; proactive business analytics. A Compensation team responsible for: accurate and timely compensation processing; responsive to new compensation strategies; accessible SME on compensation processes; coordinated support for advisors in the field. Supporting the CFO
- Assist CFO in their responsibilities for to be responsible for financial planning, analysis, performance measurement and reporting for Wealth
- Assisting CFO in working on the strategic initiatives for Wealth and Finance
- Assisting CFO to work closely with Regulatory and legal responsibilities
- Assist CFO to manage a large group with teams in Toronto, US and Regina
- Provide business advisory support to the Advice businesses
- Provide insightful interpretation of key business drivers underlying the business results, highlight key issues and make appropriate recommendations (where required)
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) on the Advice businesses when dealing with other finance departments and other internal/external partners
- Actively participate in Advice businesses operating committees, including presentation of monthly financial results, contribution to ad hoc analysis, acting as finance / business profitability SME on various business initiatives
- Liaise with the Wealth Reporting and Analytics team to provide integrated business reporting that spans financial and business metrics
- Work with business partners to develop the quarterly forecasts / annual business Plan for the Advice businesses; on an annual basis, provide support to businesses to develop strategic plan and goals including any ad hoc requests for longer term outlooks.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls and processes with the Advice Finance group and Wealth variable compensation group
- Responsible for assessing the impact of accounting policy changes on the Wealth Advice businesses and the successful implementation of any required changes.
- Actively participate in Finance-wide initiatives and pan Wealth Management projects
- Develop and manage a team of Finance professionals, including the recruitment of qualified / skilled resources, ongoing training and development opportunities, coaching and performance management activities and the preparation of objective performance reviews.
- Deliver on Wealth & Finance key strategic priorities
- Partner closely with Finance partners (EDS, IR, Tax, Chiefs, Corporate) on issues/initiatives
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulatory requirements
Additional Information Executives promote adherence to TDBG\u2019s vision and purpose to be the better bank, and enrich the lives of customers, communities and colleagues. As part of the general management of their function, Executives are accountable to deliver against TD's five shared commitments:
- Post-graduate education (e.g. MBA) and / or business designation (e.g. CPA, CFA) is required.
- Experienced finance and business professional
- 8\u002B years in a senior finance and/or wealth management role
- Strong knowledge of wealth management business and industry
- Resourceful and proactive; self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under pressure to meet deadlines
- Advanced facilitation, influence management and consensus building skills
- Organizational awareness and the ability to manage strong relationships
- Desire to proactively build and lead a value-added Finance function and team
- Thought leadership: Ability to understand the wealth management landscape, to participate in developing business strategies, and to add value via conceptual and critical thinking
- Business acumen: Strategic thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Executives: Proven track record in working closely with senior management in an advisor capacity
- Able to ensure strong finance governance while maintaining an advisory mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop good business relationships internally and externally
- Proven people management skills, with a strong ability to effectively lead diverse teams through the use of development training, coaching and ongoing performance management
- Strong time-management and organizational skills to manage multiple deadlines and priorities within a highly demanding environment
- Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills, and be detail-oriented with the ability to follow up on items or determine appropriate steps for timely resolution.
- Think like a customer; provide legendary experiences and trusted advice
- Act like an owner; lead with integrity to drive business results, contribute to communities
- Execute with speed and impact; only take risks we can understand and manage
- Innovate with purpose; simplify the way we work
- Develop our colleagues; embrace diversity and respect one another
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.