Analyst, Business Financing Products, Business Banking
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
You will be part of the Business Banking team and report to the Senior Manager, Credit Products. In this role you will be responsible for analyzing the operational results of Business Banking credit processes, and provide recommendations for improvements to enhance efficiency and customer satisfaction. You will help the business develop a thorough understanding of customer profiles, attitudes and behaviors through disciplined analytics, research, and test and learn activities to optimize product design, pricing, and promotion/contact strategies. You will also create and analyze specialized and highly iterative portfolio management reporting in order to provide the business with a strong sense of how it is performing relative to its stated targets and goals. Part of your core duties will be the management of day-to-day activities related to the acquisition, retention and general account management of the Business Banking lending portfolio in order to optimize growth and profitability. How You'll Succeed Data Analysis
- Collect and analyze data to support the development of product management strategy design. Focus on the day-to-day execution of acquisition, retention and account management activities that impact Business Banking Products. Reporting
- Develop, produce, and analyze, specialized and highly iterative portfolio management reporting. Apply a combination of technical skills, credit knowledge and creative problem-solving skills to develop models and 'what if' scenarios to evaluate a range of potential options available to management. Relationship Management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with segment and channel partners as well as other Lines of Business (LOBs). Participate on a number of Working Committees, with business and channel partners, designed to provide recommendations or approvals to programs that support Business Banking' strategic business objectives based on analysis and input from various partners. Who You Are
What CIBC Offers
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You can demonstrate experience in working with SAS (mainframe, PC SAS, or Enterprise Miner) or similar data mining software (i.e. SQL, SPSS), databases, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
Expected End Date
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
2020-04-01 Job Location
Toronto-CC North 12th Floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours