- Toronto, ON, Canada
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 20 oct. 17
Associate Director - Exam Design and Measuring
Lieu de travail : Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Associate Director, Exam Design and Credentialing reports to the SVP, Regulatory Relations and Credentialing. This role has the accountability to manage the planning, execution, monitoring and quality control for the design and development component all of courses and credentials. In collaboration with regulators and Advisory Councils the incumbent will set examination standards for a broad range of financial services licensing and other courses and credentials.
- Directs the department's activities for the assessment program and improves the quality of the student experience by ensuring proficiency levels will be accurately assessed and measured.
- Creates and implements a plan for unifying all the elements of CSI's assessment program including resources, applications and workflows to deliver a consistent model that supports the strategic goals of the organization.
- Stays well informed and connected in the industry and has a diverse view of current trends in assessments including psychometrics and technologies available to assist CSI's future development.
- Puts in place the processes and procedures to align CSI's examination program with International the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (AERA, APA, NCME, ISO).
- Oversees the design and development of appropriate assessment instruments to measure competency and degrees of proficiency.
- Collaborates with learning development and exam administration teams to plan resources and timelines.
- Directs the department's activities for the assessment program and improves the quality of our program, as well as providing greater service.
- Manages relationships with vendors and consultants, monitoring work, ensuring that deliverable deadlines are met, and approves invoices for payment.
- Directs and monitors work with technical specialists and consultants to develop and validate competency and job profiles.
- Sets certification standards in collaboration with Advisory Councils.
- Sets examination standards in collaboration with industry regulators
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events. The Moody's Analytics Financial Services Training and Certification business in Canada operates as the Canadian Securities Institute, the leading provider in Canada of financial learning, credentials and certification. The Exam Design and Measurement (EDM) department is responsible for the design and development of the majority of end-of-course, licensing and designation examinations for programs under the Canadian Securities Institute banner with Moody's Analytics and in some international markets. EDM works closely with partner departments in this development, and with internal and external subject matter experts and consultants to build fair and valid examinations that deliver reliable examination results.
- Master's Degree in Statistics, or Measurement and Evaluation, Education or a related field.
- +8 years' experience in a testing environment.
- +5 years in education/training, ideally in a corporate environment and/or financial services companies.
- +4 years' experience in people management.
- Able to lead the efforts to operationalize CSI processes for the testing program using the "Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing" (APA, AERA & NCME).
- Must have a broad range of management expertise and competency in all aspects of test development, design, measurement and operating procedures, related to large-scale assessment programs.
- Ability to present and defend CSI policies to senior officials from regulatory bodies and financial services firms
- Knowledge of testing, psychometric and statistical software packages.
- Knowledge of ISO credentialing standards and experience overseeing design, development and operations of professional credentials.
- Ability to summarize complex information and communicate it to a variety of audiences.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.