Business Intelligence Analyst - Global Transaction Banking
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
As a leading investment bank, TD Securities ("TDS") offers a wide range of integrated Corporate and Investment Banking, Capital Markets, and Global Transaction Banking ("GTB") solutions to corporate, government, and institutional clients globally. GTB is a key contributor to the overall success of TDS, delivering revenue and liquidity to the firm from four business lines: Corporate Cash Management, Financial Institutions, Global Trade Finance, and Export Agency Finance. GTB also has functions to support Credit Structuring, Product Strategy and Innovation, Business Intelligence, and Business Risk and Control.
GTB businesses deal with some of the world's largest corporations and global banks. GTB is highly integrated within TDS working closely with both TDS Corporate and Investment Banking and TDS Global Markets to deliver customized solutions and best in class coverage to our clients. GTB also works closely with other key partners across TD Bank Group including Finance, Operations, Marketing, Legal, and Treasury and Balance Sheet Management. Job Description Who we are
As GTB's Business Intelligence Team, we are on a mission to transform our data into actionable insights to drive business decisions and add value to our clients. Specifically, we strive to achieve this through three main objectives:
Who you are
- Translate data from its raw state to meaningful performance and strategic metrics for GTB's businesses.
- Deliver value from our data and processes through development of products / applications / initiatives for our clients and GTB.
- Facilitate data availability, accessibility, and interactivity for GTB.
You are enthusiastic about working with data and are eager to apply your technical expertise and business acumen to our data transformation journey. You are comfortable working through change and dealing with complex yet rewarding challenges. You enjoy problem solving and thinking unconventionally to generate innovative solutions. You are passionate about process improvement, design thinking and delivering value to the business and our clients through groundbreaking analytical and insightful solutions. In this role you will
- Design, maintain, and improve high level and bespoke dashboards, performance metrics, and reporting packages for GTB.
- Validate the quality and integrity of the data underpinning all reporting.
- Understand business drivers, definitions and metrics to analyze and interpret findings and communicate relevant intelligence and insights to GTB.
- Embrace a sense of ownership over your own work to deliver quality and timely results.
- Continuously enhance your knowledge base and keep current on emerging trends, analytical tools, and technical skills.
- Participate in knowledge transfer efforts within the team and across GTB as needed.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to champion change through process improvements to enhance productivity and realize efficiencies to better serve the evolving needs of our business and our clients.
- Support a positive and collaborative work environment that promotes high levels of service, quality, and innovation.
- Work with the individual GTB businesses and partners to understand and address new reporting or data requirements as needed.
- Be accountable and assist in the ongoing documentation of business processes and procedures.
- Post-Secondary Degree / Diploma in a relevant field.
- Previous experience in a graphic or product design, business intelligence, or financial analyst role.
- Strong skills in MS Office products, particularly Access and Excel.
- Experience working with Alteryx and Tableau. Working knowledge of other BI tools / software would be an asset.
- Knowledge of SAS and SQL programing (or other programming languages) would be an asset.
- Comfortable working with very large data sets and ability to manage relational databases with multiple feeds / data dependencies.
- Attention to detail and high personal standards for accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable in presenting ideas and results of analysis effectively.
- Proactive, data driven and strong analytical / business acumen.
- Working experience with documenting business requirements and testing activities.
- Strong organizational, follow-up and priority-setting skills to handle multiple tasks/projects and to work independently.
- Ability to think conceptually, work through multi-step processes, identify processing concerns and escalate / offer solutions accordingly.
- Remain flexible with shifting priorities and ability to function under deadlines with minimal supervision.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.