Chief Information Security Architect
Requisition ID: 83318
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The enterprise Chief Information Security Architect leads the Security Architecture and Research department in the Information Security and Control (IS&C) function. The Chief Information Security Architect will lead a team to provide strategic direction, thought leadership and oversight for the development of the bank's security architecture. This position also leads the design and development of innovative security solutions, architectures and strategy. Key Accountabilities
- Lead the security vision and strategy on security architectures of applications, programs and initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership and help guide senior executives by clearly articulating strategic security architecture plans and their respective value.
- Support critical Bank initiatives including the overall security architecture and objectives of the technology blueprint by promoting the Bank's security/technology architectures.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture and CIO architecture leaders to incorporate IS&C strategies and standards into all IT&S strategies and reference architectures.
- Responsible for ensuring development and maintenance of Information Security patterns, frameworks and standards that align with Scotiabank's Enterprise Architecture directives and industry best practices, meet business needs and SLA requirements, and are deployable globally at scale.
- Lead a team of security architects who develop security patterns and standards for core infrastructure functions including hosting, storage, network, data center, workplace collaboration, monitoring and automation.
- Lead a team of security researchers who develop documentation, models, guidelines and strategies which support the overall objectives of Information Security.
- Responsible for establishment, implementation and ongoing development of a robust security governance process that ensures projects and programs adhere to Scotiabank's security architecture standards and best practices.
- Deliver security blueprints, specifications, models and guidelines to be used in the development of technical solutions by Bank's IT organization, in support of IS&C and other Bank divisions globally.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- University degree, preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and a minimum of 10 years' experience in Information Security leadership roles, with at least 5 years leading a Security Architecture function in a complex, global organization.
- Detailed knowledge of, and experience working with, one or more formal Enterprise Architecture frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead global architecture teams in a highly complex and matrixed organization. Ability to lead through influence, excellence and example is essential to success.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to present confidently to senior executives, attention to detail and strong planning and management ability.
- Experience as a key technical partner in global technology transformation efforts, demonstrating the ability to inspire and align diverse technologists, drive efficient and effective decision-making, and to deliver and support a robust information security governance framework.
- Deep and broad knowledge of enterprise and security technologies is expected. Specific strong knowledge and experience with common hosting, storage and networking technologies, as well as cloud, is required.
- Experience delivering excellent results in a large, complex and global environment with a mix of emerging, current and legacy technology. Familiarity and direct experience with outsource delivery models is essential, and experience with successful repatriation of services is highly desired.
- Experience with and knowledge of formal project management methodologies is desired.
- English fluency required, Spanish ability a plus.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Information Security, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Technology, Security, Finance