Data Strategist, Digital Factory
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
A Data Strategist will contribute to the overall success of the Digital Factory in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Is this role right for you?
Manage reporting and analytics for Digital Banking partners:
- You will collaborate with business (product owners, marketing, design, digital leaders, and/or executives) and technical partners within the Digital Factory and other areas of the bank to establish trends, understand performance, identify opportunities for growth, and provide actionable insights
- Develop and produce data assets using business acumen, statistical, and visualization techniques
- You will develop and produce analyses, reports, and insights for partners that help drive tactical, operation, and/or strategic decision making in support of Digital Banking goals
Support business projects for the Digital Banking partners by:
- Represent Data and Analytics as a subject matter expert in project meetings with Journey Mangers and Project Leads, ascertaining that all reporting and data requirements are flagged, addressed, and incorporated
- You will be involved in the definition of business requirements and processes, ensuring that progress can be measured against planned objectives by working with QA Development teams, Security, and internal partners; performing analysis and completing reports to measure project success and impact to business
Effectively champion data driven decision making by:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You will identify and communicate information gaps across business lines to drive alignment on key metrics and reporting; develop plan of action to address and close any gaps
- Develop data elements metrics and indicators to provide insights and drive business value and the ability to respond to requests for ad hoc reports efficiently
- You will investigate and become an expert in available data sources of data, transform and determine how they can be interpreted for analysis
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and operational teams to implement quality controls and automate data feeds and report generation.
- Present results to marketing and business line stakeholders and help implement real data-driven changes
- Document business processes, reporting requirements communication, and metrics definitions
What's in it for you?
- University education in Business, Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- Strong project management and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent analytical skills. Must be able to interpret and consolidate large amounts of information in actionable recommendations. Uses sound judgment in the creation of analysis, validation, interpretation, and presentation of findings;
- Ability to manage process and planning, facilitate teamwork, and coordinate execution of multiple deliverables.
- Proven experience cleaning, transforming, and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files, SAS, CSV)
- Solid knowledge of Data Analysis or manipulation tools for working with data (e.g., SQL, DB2, MySQL, Python, R)
- Knowledge of banking products and reporting systems, including finance systems, Enterprise Data Warehouse, and Enterprise Data Lake.
- Experience using and implementing visualization tools like D3, Tableau, or QlikView
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Medical, Strategist, Bank, Banking, Technology, Healthcare, Strategy, Finance