Delivery Manager - Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 62060
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
Join Scotiabank, as we embark on redefining the future of anti-money laundering capabilities in the Bank by leveraging cutting edge technologies. You will be part of a dynamic team as we rollout enterprise platforms globally to many different business units. We are looking for individuals with passion for innovation and revolutionary ideas to contribute to our journey of transforming the Bank.
The Delivery Manager is responsible for the management of the technology deliverables in a set of projects undertaken by our business partners in AML Risk and Global Operations. What we are looking for?
In this role you will;
Are you the right person for the role?
- Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution.
- The solution must be formally documented and costed and internally represented on a project management tool (i.e. Microsoft Project). Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
- Identify and confirm project leads from all required stakeholders and Scotia technology groups to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are understood by each.
- Define project governance; identify senior stakeholders & sponsors to form a steering committee (should it be necessary). Work with Project Sponsor to prepare appropriate information for dissemination to the Steering Committee.
- Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive ad operating to common objectives and priorities.
- Work with Project Sponsor to establish the scope of the project and than managed to the established scope. Ensure Project Change Notifications are raised where necessary and approved. If the scope changes identify impacts to the Sponsor. And/or Steering Committee.
- Hold meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that technology deliverables are met.
- Motivating the technology project Team and maintaining the momentum of the Project against background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
- Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the Operations Sponsor, the SVP and the EVP, as required.
- Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and findings and for use in future projects
- Ability to acquire knowledge in the technologies being project managed (i.e. a background in software development).
What's in it for you?
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Candidates with a financial industry background will be preferred - Candidates with a financial industry background will be preferred
- Expert team building skills to create and sustain highly motivated groups
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations and creatively develop alternate solutions and approaches necessary to resolve high-level, complex problems. The individual is expected to bring solutions to the table and support from an information technology lead perspective.
- Superior oral and written communication skills and proven ability to: make presentations to varied groups; deal with all levels of line management up to the Executive Vice-President (individually or in committee); chairing meetings involving diverse Bank organizations and management levels; and dealing with vendors/consultants without exceeding authority. He/she must have an expert ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments/stakeholders, requiring a mature, diplomatic approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills are also critical in order to negotiate with project team members/management to acquire/maintain support and to negotiate priorities with full consideration and awareness of potential impact on business needs and outcomes.
- The incumbent must have a complete knowledge of the following technologies:
- Project management or development lead in software development projects (5+ years)
- Project management tools and methodologies (Agile, DevOps, Waterfall) (2+ years)
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Web Design, Consulting, Finance, Technology, Creative