What is the opportunity?
Join an innovative team that is enhancing the Business Applications for Financial Services. Looking for a chance to make a difference? Are you someone who embraces change? As a DevOps Engineer, you will utilize your software and systems engineering background to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant systems. Your role is to ensure the CI/CD Platforms' reliability and maximum uptime.
Our current team focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. You are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on manual operational work, post-mortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and technical standards. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- A foundation in Operations, and experience in solving complex problems and build/deploy solutions (including CI/CD pipeline setup/maintenance, monitoring, logging, production issues etc.)
- Utilize your understanding of DevOps methodologies and design patterns to positively impact the development, deployment, and introspection processes
- Seize upon your experience and knowledge to help guide and mentor colleagues
- Write code in Python, Groovy, Spring Boot Java, Angular, PowerShell to create automation tools/scripts
- Build and Enhance our CI/CD Pipeline including but not limited to; Git/Jenkins/UrbanCode, Docker, OpenShift, ELK Stack, MariaDB integrations
- Troubleshoot and fix problems with build and deployment automation
- Build scalable systems, using best practices around automation, making sure our developers pushing changes reliably, securely and fitting the best standards for Coding Standards
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, planning and reviews
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes; drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools
- Provide solutions based on best practices during the CI/CD pipeline as well as Code Coverage
- Drive high standards around incident response practices and policies
- 2+ years of experience in an Operational role, DevOps, SRE, or Software Engineering
- Actively Programming experience
- 2+ years of experience with development or administration on cloud platforms (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Bluemix, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Kubernetes, and others). (The ideal candidate has significant experience with Platform as a Service cloud such as Cloud Foundry)
- Providing standardized offerings to facilitate and ensure operational health of stacks throughout their lifecycle including metrics collection, aggregation, and visualization, inventory, capacity, and billing/tag management
- Experience with the operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting
What's in it for you?
- Experience with ELK stack and Splunk
- Java, Angular, Python, PHP development
- Experience with automating manual processes and tests to assist QA
- Experience with Monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Datadog, etc.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high performing team
- A world class working environment in financial services
- Internal and external learning/development recourses access.
AGD http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs