Director, Controller of Global Rates - Fixed Income
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
This is a high profile line of business controller role reporting to the Capital Markets Controller. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining oversight over end-to-end processes supporting Global Rates - Fixed Income business within Global Markets. Fixed Income is comprised of Money Markets, Bond Trading, Securitization Asset Management and Global Collateral Finance (Repo) products. Working closely with business partners and infrastructure groups supporting this business, you will be responsible for ensuring that key financial controls have been executed appropriately and that new business initiatives and changes are integrated into the end-to-end process. Your objective will be to maintain and share knowledge of the Finance process to support Fixed Income business, monitor execution of key controls, drive continuous process improvements (both strategic and tactical) across products and jurisdictions, work closely with business partners and other stakeholders to prioritize intake of new initiative and projects. You will have exposure to various finance executive teams, Front Office and various Infrastructure partners (Operations, Technology, and Risk Management). How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Control Focused - provide accurate, complete, and timely input to the various reporting groups. Provide oversight and ensure all balance sheet accounts are substantiated. Help investigate and communicate differences between source systems, GL and settlement systems.
- Problem Solving - maintain oversight of controls and compliance to ensure timeliness and accuracy. Ensure changes in accounting policies and requirements are implemented in a controlled manner. Maintain adequate end to end process maps and detailed task manuals in accordance with best practices, regulatory requirements, SOX, and Internal Control. Work with the line of business accounting team and Chief Accountant's Group to ensure policy as mandated and agreed with other governance partners to ensure CIBC control environment is visible, robust and efficient.
- Relationship management - possess strong teamwork, partnership, and relationship building skills sufficient to act in a collaborative manner given team members and stakeholders different backgrounds and experiences. You will liaise with Finance and other stakeholder groups on accounting technology for new initiatives/processes to ensure efficient issue solutions. You have strong ability to influence others regardless of level and reporting lines.
- Transformation - participate in and drive continuous improvement and assist in the development of new systems and processes in order to enhance the overall efficiency of the process supporting your line of business. You will determine business needs and the analytical or financial support required to aid in the effective business decision making process and provide input on issues and insights on new systems initiatives.
- Project management- utilize highly developed organization and prioritization skills in order balance and prioritize a number of projects, processes and initiatives. You are a problem solver, a self-starter, take hands-on approach and are able to deal with moderately complex finance issues.
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrate experience in Capital Markets accounting with oversight over accounting functions. This includes enhancement of financial controls across multiple groups. You have strong knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting requirements for Financial Instruments. You have experience with concepts and processes for the accounting of complex and/or sensitive nature; interest rate products, customized bonds, money market, cross currencies, forwards, options and other vanilla and non-standard derivative transactions.
- You embrace and champion change. You continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical, analytical thinking skills, and sound judgement help to inform your decision making.
- You're a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing in a CFA and/or CPA with 7+ years of relevant work experience. Professional services firm experience is preferred but not required.
- Values matter to you. You bring your true self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
18 York Street, 10th floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours