Director of Identity and Access Operations
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description
This role is an operational security role, ensuring the identity and access of CIBC is effectively managed in order to maximize security and mitigate risk. This role manages 5-10 direct reports, including 5 departments/managers, and an additional 50-70 indirect staff. How You'll Succeed Provide leadership and effective management of business unit staff to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job by;
- Setting appropriate context when assigning work to ensure that individuals' roles support the achievement of the business unit's priorities and CIBC's overall goals;
- Building management, team and individual capabilities
- Managing performance by providing fair and accurate formal and informal feedback, identifying and removing obstacles to performance and by explaining how performance expectations align with business priorities;
- Creating a positive work environment and being an effective role model by championing CIBC's mission, vision and values;
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, policies, standards, guidelines and controls by applying the policies and controls fairly and consistently so employees understand what to expect, and;
- Hiring the right people in the right jobs to align individual capabilities with job requirements and business unit goals.
- Oversee effective delivery of departmental processes, including:
- Privilege identity provisioning and onboarding processes
- Facilitate cyclical and event based access attestations/certifications
- Manage timely remediation of privileges where necessary
- Enforce privileged access management usage/compliance/support
- Perform analytics within identity and access to strengthen risk posture
- Work within operating budget of ~$5MM
- Peers within Technology, Operations, Internal Audit, and Security related areas (Governance Risk Control, Risk Management, Corp. Security, Privacy Office, etc), throughout CIBC and group of companies, up to and including EVP Technology and Chief Information Security Officer.
- Individuals, managers and executives (SVP) within business units for security reporting and investigations
- External audit (E&Y), vendors, peers within financial industry throughout Canada and internationally, and government security organizations
- As an employee of CIBC, the incumbent must comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls.
- As a manager of people, this job must ensure all employees within the business unit comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls
- Produce operational reporting of KPI & KRI, driving continuous improvement and awareness through the results
- Provide operational execution, support and reporting of key security projects in the Identity Governance Administration (i.e. Birthright, Role Management) and Privileged Access Management (i.e. Vaulting, Secrets Management, MFA) domains
- Comply with (6) key control requirements, and participate extensively in related audits to substantiate compliance
Regularly work with internal audit and other audit governance departments for assurance of information security, regulatory, standard and policy compliance Who You Are
What CIBC Offers
- You have strong knowledge of Client Focus, Simplification and Innovation as they relate to Identity as the new perimeter of security. Expert understanding of security or identity domain and related processes. Thorough understanding of key controls, common risk framework and information security risk management. Good understanding of identity and access in cloud / governance / administration solutions. Excellent Leadership, coaching, team management skills to handle the operational execution of several IAO processes, activities, projects & deficiencies. CISSP/CISM preferred.
- You can demonstrate experience in ability to influence senior stakeholders in situations that require cooperation and consensus. Must have leadership experience, ideally in the Information Security field or related role. Must have 5+ years of information security experience. Prior experience in management of identity related security activities.
- You have passion in creating innovation, collaborating, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients' changing needs.
- You are a bold and accountable leader. You have experience developing and implementing strategic team goals. You have experience coaching employees and driving successful team performance.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
Prior to starting in this role, security checks, including a criminal record check must be successfully completed to the satisfaction of CIBC. An annual criminal record check may also be required What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-483 Bay St, 7th Floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours