Enterprise Architect, Cloud
The Enterprise Architect contributes to creating the strategic enterprise architecture for the bank. The Enterprise Architect defines the principles, standards, patterns and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of technology within the Enterprise. In addition, he/she creates the policies, processes, and procedures around technology governance by assessing the appropriate evolution of architecture in both a business and a technology context. The Enterprise Architect advises the business regarding the use of technology in providing overall value to the Enterprise. Accountabilities
- Help to lead the definition and development of architecture, patterns and guidelines to accelerate the cloud adoption (AWS and Azure).
- Provides leadership in technical guidance and counsel to Development, Engineering and Operation teams to ensure that their processes and deliverables align with the Architecture of the Enterprise
- Define the security controls for variety of cloud workloads, by closely working with Information Security.
- Accountable for developing the roadmap to cloud by working with hundreds of application owners / architects.
- Help to lead in the definition and implementation of technology governance activities (e.g., reference architecture, standards and guidelines) to ensure that project teams adhere to industry best practices
- Researches/monitors industry trends / technologies and recommends technology direction. Provides leadership to project teams to capitalize these technology opportunities.
- Researches emerging technologies and attends relevant professional courses/conferences to maintain currency of skill set.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with peers across the T&O organization.
- Possesses a university degree or higher in related discipline(s)
- 10+ years of experience in the IT industry with broader understanding of application development practices and IT operations
- Experience in guiding cloud adoption, understand both the opportunities and challenges.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of the business of the large Enterprise, the financial services industry, as well as the development and/or IT Operation specialties.
- Exhibits expert knowledge of all aspects of technology and of architecture concepts and practices; capable of driving from strategy to architecture to design & implementation.
- Possesses expert knowledge of software development practices, Infrastructure as a Code and System Monitoring.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of architecture frameworks, methodologies, and tools (e.g., The Open Group Architecture Framework [TOGAF], Zachman Framework)
- Industry certifications on Cloud and Agile Development are preferred
We're here to help
- Growth mind-set and positive attitude towards the fast-evolving technologies.
- Possesses advanced communication skills, both written and oral, able to influence application owners along the cloud journey and guide the developers with Guardrails.
- Exhibits strong influencing skills to sell the architectural ideas to business partners
- Demonstrates advanced consulting and client management skills
- Exhibits solid relationship and managerial leadership abilities
- Is energetic, self-motivated, and achievement- and outcome-oriented
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.