Financial Services Writer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Financial Services Writer
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The incumbent will collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to develop marketing communication content, mainly for email, and supporting content that connects the company's products, solutions, services and events to target audiences in a timely, relevant, and impactful manner.
- Write, adapt and edit content that aligns with the company's strategic business goals and capitalizes on long-term and short-term opportunities.
- Partner with multiple internal stakeholders (including marketing colleagues, product management and portfolio management) to develop, adapt and edit marketing content to provide impactful 'calls to action' for each communication.
- Connect the company's business objectives and the needs, desires and drivers of the target audiences.
- Establish and adhere to project plans and work-back schedules.
- Collaborate with team and key stakeholders to ensure that the analysis of metrics and front line feedback are taken into account for future communications, campaigns, and programs for the various channels.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a major in English, Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
- Minimum of 5 years professional writing experience required, preferably as part of a marketing, communications or social media team in the financial services/investment industry.
- Knowledge of marketing email and social media best practices.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course is preferred.
- Knowledge of advisor-sold mutual funds, business drivers and their impact on investment advisors.
- Sound understanding of stakeholder strategy, goals, objectives and tactics, and the role of each communication piece in the overall strategy.
- Demonstrated written communication skills - must be able to connect strategies and products, write in a voice and tone that is appropriate to the company's brand and the target audience.
- Solid understanding of marketing communications and advertising campaigns, products, and solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the target markets, the mediums in use, the 'voices' of the company, sales and other key communicators.
- Ability to produce effective communications tailored to reach the target audience using traditional and new media channels.
- Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple projects and manage commitments to ensure quality work is completed within tight timelines.
- Comfort level interacting with senior leaders and business partners, including in Sales, Product Management, Technology, Marketing, Legal and Portfolio Management.
- Ability to incorporate feedback and analysis to continually improve process efficiencies and effectiveness of communications.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Basic HTML is an asset.
- A good knowledge of the compliance requirements within the industry is an asset.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Flexible medical, dental and vision insurance
- Corporate Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Purchase company funds with no sales charge
- Competitive vacation package that includes three annual personal days
- Company paid short-term and long-term Disability Insurance
- Education assistance
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.