Full Stack Developer
What is the opportunity?
Research Technology builds systems to enable RBC's Capital Markets Research business. We are looking for an experienced developer who is quick to adapt to new technologies and enthusiastic about Agile development and delivery. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-Have:
- Work in an agile team of Developers, Quality Engineers, Data Analysts and Research stakeholders to deliver great software.
- Implement new systems and redesign legacy systems, using leading technologies, to support advancing Research business requirements.
- Research and analyze business and system needs. Explore solution options to recommend designs and technologies.
- Work closely with Quality Automation analysts to share system design knowledge and support effective automated testing.
- Work with infrastructure groups to size and stand-up required hardware and software stacks.
- 5+ years of object oriented programming experience with expertise in Java and/or C#.
- Experience with server side web frameworks e.g: Spring MVC, .NET Web API.
- Experience with client-side scripting languages e.g. Angular, React.
- Expertise in database development using Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Hive, or equivalent.
- Experience with SSO technologies SAML, OAuth and Kerberos.
- Comfortable applying engineering best practices for Test Driven Development, integration testing version control, release management, work estimation and planning.
- Undergraduate degree with concentrations in Computing Science, Applied Mathematics or Engineering.
What's in it for you?
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience with cross platform mobile application development.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and experience working on agile projects.
- Experience in the financial industry, especially trading related businesses.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities