IT Developer II
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
We are looking for a dynamic Software Developer to leverage our Agile development team and take part on delivery of a strategic platform that drives high efficiency and full transparency in end to end project portfolio management (PPM) through consolidation and rationalization of existing tools and supporting processes.
The platform supports seamless data integration with upstream and downstream systems complemented with automated reporting. The toolset supports various modules including project portfolio management, supply and demand, workforce management, and project intake requests.
As a Software Developer, you will work with a team of agile developers to deliver quality code with speed and confidence, using the team current tool stack and following general best practices. The role requires technical discussions with stakeholders to determine the optimal solution and communicate the benefits, drawbacks, timelines, costs, and risk. You will help to set a footprint for future development and multiple roll-outs across the organization. Job Description
- As a member of the agile development team you are to deliver code efficiently and with quality, through collaboration and continuous feedback between other developers, product owner and stakeholders.
- Participate and encourage peer code review between developers.
- Develop using coding standards and Best Practices.
- Participate in technical designs and all Scrum meetings (Stand up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospect, etc.)
- Provide day-to-day critical production support issues as they are priorities.
- Follow all development and / or maintenance related processes, methodologies and standards
- Analyze application potential problems and recommend corrective action.
- Gain knowledge in own area, stay abreast of technology trends and developments, develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques, business domains and their products and services.
- P roduce estimates for development work and raise any areas of risk or concerns.
- Ensure all aspects of the development life cycle specific to building/ integrating applications are followed while maintaining consistent with overall design.
- Coach new or less experienced colleagues and serve as a reference point throughout requirements management life cycle.
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and pinpoint how to manage integration.
- Work collaboratively with other areas / team members to meet deliverables while following to guidelines / procedures on medium to large scale projects.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with peers and management, and stakeholders.
- Take part in creating a positive work environment that promotes innovation, creativity, teamwork and high-quality results.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineer / computer science / mathematics.
- 1-2 years development experience
- 1-2 years' experience working within an
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 1-2 years of solid experience working with .NET Framework
- Experience in building APIs (Web API)
- Knowledge of software architectural designs and patters
- Experience with SQL Server, Integration Services, Reporting Service, ETL and Batch development is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Proven success in problem solving and coming up with latest software development technics for product improvement.
Always able to maintain outstanding
Additional Information REPORTS TO:
- Comfortable juggling multiple deliverables with a 'get it done' attitude
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in all code delivered
- Is able to self-organize and ensue high levels of engagement, motivation and innovation
- Demonstrates initiative, self-confidence; is innovative and has the ability to work independently
IT Manager Development, CBDC Delivery Shared Services and Technology Solution KEY SKILL SETS Wide range of specialist skills including :
- Agile Development
- Critical & Strategic thinking
- Database experience
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.