What is the opportunity?
The Digital Channels team within Capital Markets Quantitative & Technology Services uses digital technology to connect internal and external clients across a number of business lines. As an Infrastructure Engineer, You will create and enable the digital strategy framework by setting up and maintaining web servers for both internal and external web sites and web applications. You will provide technical expertise and industry best practices to improve the web infrastructure. Your role includes maintaining the Content Management System used by the Content team to create internal and external web content. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have:
- Install, configure, and harden Apache, IIS and Nginx web servers in an enterprise infrastructure setting.
- Plan and execute infrastructure requirement such as submitting Change Records as necessary to build the web infrastructure to serve the Digital Channel internal clients.
- Regular web server operation routines including certificate installation, integration to backend application server such as tomcat, JBOSS , nodejs and .net applications.
- Analyze web related production issues and provide solution to quickly resolve the issue.
- SPNEGO implementation with Apache/Tomcat products.
- Maintain and upgrade of TeamSite CMS system to provide a stable environment to the Content team.
- 4-5 years' experience in a high pressure environment with major web tier technologies such as but not limited to: Apache, Nginx and IIS.
- Deep knowledge in Apache server configuration parameters and IIS configurations.
- Fluent in RHEL Linux server and Windows server technology; capable of creating shell scripts and power shell for the operation team to promote production configuration.
- Knowledge in SPNEGO SSO implementations with different technologies such as Apache and Tomcat.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a technical field.
Nice to have:
What's in it for you?
- Related vendor and technology training or certificate is a plus.
- Distributed application experience such as Opentext TeamSite CMS systems, Solr and ElasticSearch is also beneficial.
- System maintenance skill in virtual server in a high availability environment and experience in integrating into a CI/CD infrastructure is nice to have.
- Application deployment knowledge for redundant NodeJs , Java or .Net applications is also a plus.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.