Lead Developer - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 69997
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Position:
Software Engineer, Data Platform Engineering Overview:
The Plato Canadian Banking Ingestion Services Team is an integral part of the Canadian Banking daily data integration operations. The Team works in tandem with the Canadian Banking Technology Data Integrations Development and Support Teams, and various Data Consumer Teams to deliver critical data from over 60 applications to GCP and EDL that are used by various Compliance and Risk Teams, and the Digital Factory Team. What we are looking for?
We are seeking for a talented software engineer to join our team and contribute to a range of projects, mainly focusing on data ingestion to Google Cloud Platform and the Enterprise Data Lake.
Are you the right person for the role?
- Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements and priorities
- Work with various Technical Teams who are involved in the end-to-end development and release processes
- Design, code, test, and deploy critical data ingestion requirements using the latest build and deployment process implemented by the Business
- Lead ingestion development projects and propose enhancements to development process
- Provide estimates for projects
- Work with third-party contractors
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, IT or a related technical field
- 6 years+ experience software development, preferably with experience in data ingestion to Google Cloud and Enterprise Data Lake
- Experience leveraging GCP tools like Google Storage, Big Query, PUB/SUB, Data Flow, Data Proc
- Experience in working with databases like Hadoop, Postgres SQL, Big Data, MS Sql, Oracle, MongoDB
- Advanced experience in shell scripting languages like Python, Java, Scala
- Experience in using Big Data Tools like Spark, Spark SQL, Avro, JSON, Parquet, ORC
- Knowledge of CI tools like SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, JIRA, GIT, Confluence
What's in it for you?
- Experience with ELT/ETL Tools like Diyotta; and Ingestion Frameworks like Next Pathway Ingestion Framework
- Experience in data engineering
- Experience working with distributed platforms (LINUX)
- Experience in using Agile and Scrum development methodology
- Experience in presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward-thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Engineer, Developer, Web Design, Finance, Engineering, Technology, Creative