Manager, Financial Controls - Global Functions
What is the opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity within the Corporate Support, Financial Control Team. Corporate Support consists of Technology & Operations, which provide the technological and operational foundation required to effectively deliver products and services to RBC's clients, and Functions, which includes finance, human resources, risk management, internal audit and other functional groups. The selected candidate will get the opportunity to partner with stakeholders and be a catalyst in the enhancement of operational processes. To be successful in this role, be prepared to challenge the status quo, think 'outside the box' and have a growth mindset. The position will also support various aspects of the financial cycle including, but not limited to, month end closing, General Ledger Attestation and financial reporting. What will you do?
What you need to succeed? Must-Haves
- Provide ongoing guidance to corporate support functional groups as new initiatives are developed and launched, including advisory on accounting and internal controls.
- Reviewing accounting policy issues and liaising with Accounting Policy Group to determine appropriate accounting treatments. Maintain technical accounting knowledge and keep abreast of new accounting developments in order to support the execution & implementation of new standards.
- Ensure global financial control policies are in place and adhered to, including SOX & EUC compliance
- Actively look for streamlining opportunities and low value activities that can be discontinued.
- Developing recommendations to mitigate risks/process inefficiencies.
- Assist with efficiency enhancement opportunities by documenting existing workflows and processes.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures - drafting/flowcharting processes narratives and documenting internal controls.
- Review and report on the design and operational effectiveness of account reconciliation process.
- Drafting reports of control deficiencies identified including proposed remediation plan.
- Work in conjunction with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Maintenance of the monthly review program to ensure financial controls are in place and the appropriate reconciliations are completed. Ensure that global policies and procedures are adhered to by all stakeholders, including Head Office Statutory & Regulatory Reporting to ensure consistency and adequacy of reconciliations.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned
- CPA designation
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- Technical competence in relevant financial and statutory accounting standards.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills are considered necessary for the success of this role. Strong financial, analytical, judgmental and conceptual skills.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong team building skills and work ethic.
- 2-4 years of professional experience, preferably in the Financial Services Industry
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail, time management, and project delivery.
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of RBC Financial Systems
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- The opportunity to interface with senior level executives from many different parts of the organization
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
155 Wellington St W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel (%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
CFO Group Req ID:
201615 Ad Code(s):