NAV Analyst – 1 Year Contract
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 23 oct. 17 2017-10-23
NAV Analyst – 1 Year Contract
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We are currently looking for qualified candidates to join our winning team.
This is a 1 year contract position*
The NAV Analyst performs the daily work in accordance with policies and procedures to ensure that the NAV is calculated correctly. The Analyst is also responsible for providing monthly and periodic Fund information within the required deadlines. The Analyst assists other NAV Analysis members with specified projects or tasks.
- Perform all daily functions in order to compute the NAV or any associated data/calculations for assigned funds. Which may involve but is not limited to:
- Postings, verification of source data, calculations, storage & publication of information in accordance with department guidelines.
- Analyzing system reports for variances/resolving discrepancies.
- Communicating with internal or external business partners to resolve fund related and system issues.
- Follow all stated internal controls per the daily work checklists and document adherence to internal controls by signing off on checklists.
- Identify and inform Supervisor of any issues within the assigned funds. Follow through to ensure that issue is resolved with appropriate parties.
- Complete administrative functions in accordance with department guidelines, i.e. maintenance of appropriate document retention and filing system.
- Perform monthly closing activities in accordance with providing accurate reporting to P&CS group by stated deadlines.
- Perform periodic audit reports for assigned funds at reporting periods in accordance with P&CS, TAX and Audit package requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of KPIs (Key Performance Indicator) or MORs (Management operating reports) as dictated by people leader.
- Maintain and complete all monthly scheduled reports using defined procedures by the prescribed deadline.
- Participate in department projects as required.
- Offer suggestions for improvement to NAV workflows
Ideal candidates will have:
- A college diploma in accounting/business or equivalent experience is required for this position
- Graduate level accounting, finance or business courses would be viewed favorably
- Working knowledge of mutual fund industry regulations is preferred
- Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger, is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products is viewed favorably
- Completion of local Regulatory Security Courses
- Strong analytical and organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Works under very general supervision; work is reviewed for accuracy
- Must be able to work with deadlines
- Ability to analyze problems and determine and/or recommend resolutions
- Solves problems of moderate scope and complexity, refers to policies and practices for guidance
- Flexibility throughout all aspects of the individual's daily work, specifically during disaster recovery periods.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Flexible medical, dental and vision insurance
* Corporate Pension Plan
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Purchase company funds with no sales charge
* Competitive vacation package that includes three annual personal days
* Company paid short-term and long-term Disability Insurance
* Education assistance
Franklin Templeton Investments Corp. is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.