Senior AML Test Analyst
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Global Anti-Money Laundering (GAML) department is responsible for Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) regulatory compliance and prudential risk management across the TD footprint. GAML is comprised of Deputy Head AML Teams, Sanctions and Anti-bribery/Anti-corruption, Financial Investigations Unit, AML Operations and Program Development. GAML acts as proactive and trusted advisors to TD Business Lines, while supporting a consistent, adaptable and effective culture across the organization, ensuring money laundering and terrorist financing risks are appropriately identified and mitigated. GAML directs the design, content and enterprise-wide implementation of TD's AML Program, which also includes ensuring that everyone understands and complies with economic sanctions and anti-bribery/anti-corruption regulations.
Global AML Testing is part of the AML Program Development Team within GAML. Global AML Testing is responsible for independently and objectively evaluating the design and operational effectiveness of AML/ATF and Sanctions controls within TD's businesses and systems to support the bank in mitigating inherent risks and complying with applicable regulatory expectations and TD enterprise and segment policies and standards. Job Description
The Senior IT Analyst -AML is part of the Global AML Testing Team and reports to the AML Manager - Technology Testing. The Senior IT Analyst is responsible for conducting testing engagements covering key AML and Sanctions systems to assess adherence to regulatory and internal AML requirements. The Senior IT Analyst will work closely with partners in GAML, Technology Solutions groups, and the businesses.
*Note: This is not a QA Testing Role Requirements
This position will:
- Evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of AML/ATF Systems in complying with regulatory and TD policies in accordance with the Global AML Testing Methodology ensuring completion within established budget, time and scope parameters.
- Assess the functionality and data integrity of the AML/ATF system and source data feeds by developing the appropriate code and scripts using SQL and/or Java programming languages.
- Evaluate complex data processing routines, ETL, and data transfer logic.
- Execute engagement objectives using various technology tools.
- Mine data to identify data quality issues impacting AML/ATF systems and processes.
- Develop, document and execute the approach used when reviewing the AML/ATF system with direction from Manager/Senior Manager.
- Accurately document work performed and present concerns, findings and recommendations to testing team management and unit management as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of changes to applicable regulatory requirements, industry practices and internal policies and standards.
- Work independently and interact with internal and external stakeholders including partners within Global AML, Technology Solutions groups, business units and operational/control units being tested.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to improve the quality and effectiveness of the AML testing program.
- Contribute to and promote positive working relationships by effectively communicating and regularly sharing information, learnings and knowledge with the testing team.
*Some travel may be required* Additional Information
Other Qualifications/Skills/Experience :
Holds expertise in technology systems deployed for AML/ATF and Sanctions compliance, including but not limited to, transaction monitoring systems, sanctions screening systems, customer risk rating systems and AML regulatory reporting systems.
Must have skills:
- Minimum five years of experience in data analysis, programming, database development, and scripting technologies.
- Proficient in Java or similar object-oriented programming languages and SQL coding with SQL Server or Oracle databases
- Strong understanding of AML regulatory and sanctions compliance requirements with ability to quickly grasp and identify applicability to a wide range of business elements including products, services, operations and systems globally.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to organize and bring order to data and information, drawing conclusions and making appropriate recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to draft reports and business correspondence, as well as present information to various stakeholders including executives.
- Ability to develop, maintain and build positive relationships with partners while demonstrating tact and diplomacy to impact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives to meet deadlines and ensure quality and efficiency.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating flexibility to adjust to changing work priorities.
- Previous regulatory, audit, or compliance testing experience is an asset.
- Information Systems and/or Computer Science degree/diploma.
- Audit and CISA designations are an asset.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.