Senior Analyst, Projects Card Payments
There's Never been a better time to be part of BMO
We've set our sights on being the bank that defines great customer experience. Our customers' needs are changing and so are we.
Everyone who works here has a role to play in making a difference for our customers. Every Day.
It's an amazing feeling when you know you're making a customer's life better, and you can do it at BMO - whether you're imagining a new product, designing a customer experience, streamlining an application, launching a marketing campaign or just being there in a very human way with the right answer. Department Overview
North American Retail Payments is the largest MasterCard Issuer in Canada. BMO Consumer and Business credit card are distributed nationally, leveraging our retail distribution network, direct response changes and key co-brand & Affinity partnerships, including Air Miles. Payments Cards Services team provides oversight of all strategic and run initiatives in addition to platform optimization in partnership with our key Suppliers. This is an energized, diverse and fun team. If you want to experience Being BMO, help make customer's life better, and have an incredible career, join our family. Description
The Senior Business Analyst will work with the various business and technology partners, and vendors, throughout the various project phases, including initiation, concept, analysis, development, testing and implementation.
The Senior Business Analyst will be accountable to plan, manage, lead and oversee the end-to-end delivery of requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project in alignment with the business and/or enterprise needs and strategies.
As a Senior Business Analyst, the successful candidate will be expected to have a broad and comprehensive working knowledge of the Requirements Management Life Cycle and a good understand of Project Delivery Life Cycle. The incumbent will also be expected to have a solid working knowledge of the TS2 platform (credit card transaction system).
The Senior Business Analyst collaborates with the project team members and business partners to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design, from which Development and/or Configuration is required. The incumbent interacts closely with the various stakeholders within the business such as the Technology & Operations, P&C Product, Risk and Fraud groups when approving the various TSYS project components that may focus on Canada and / or US, Consumer and /or Commercial related changes. The incumbent also works closely with the QA or UAT Test Team ensuring that the quality of the development meets the business requirements / needs. Key Accountabilities
- Initiate, lead impact assessment and identifies key stakeholders who are responsible for assessing the impacts of the release (including financial impacts if applicable).
- Identify potential downstream impacts to other internal systems or vendors, ensuring applicable stakeholders are identified and engaged early on the project.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions, including leading discussions, managing group dynamics, and maintaining group focus, to work towards accomplishing the stated goal(s) of the session within the context of the request objectives.
- Lead the Configuration system design of new and changed products and conduct business impact assessment (BIA) in partnership with the team and other stakeholders. Engage and/or work with Solutions Architect as required.
- Document review, submit and validate the applicable documentation received from all supplier groups, and tailor communication back to Leadership, Business Requestor and key stakeholders.
- Provides clarification of requirements and functionality to be delivered to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables (e.g., assists the testing team in the creation of the Testing Strategy and Testing Execution Plan)
- Participates in the validation of the testing output including First Occurrence Validation to ensure it meets the business requirements.
- Properly documents and tracks issues, resolution, in applicable artifacts. Keeps accurate artifacts, approvals, etc. in applicable tracker/logs/workflows tools.
- Ensure that documents are reviewed by BMO stakeholders governing regulatory / compliance changes prior to obtaining the applicable approvals; follow the appropriate escalation process (escalate issues to Projects and Change Management Manager / Business Analyst) to ensure changes are implemented as needed.
This position requires strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills. The chosen candidate must be a mature individual who is able to work with minimal supervision, contribute to a positive work environment, and manage multiple assignments with competing priorities successfully. Knowledge
- Possesses a university degree and/or 4 to 6 years relevant work experience
- Industry-specific knowledge and experience is an asset
- Possesses solid business knowledge in the Finance, Banking, Payments Industry
We're here to help
- In Depth knowledge of TS2 system, and other peripheral systems
- Strong ability, and proficient in soliciting and gathering business requirements
- Strong understanding of Card issuance, replacement and design attributes
- Good knowledge of regulatory compliance environment in Canada and/or US
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent documentation abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple/simultaneous projects while meeting tight timelines
- Ability to manage Large and Complex projects spanning across multiple system applications
- Strong knowledge of various project lifecycle methodologies - Agile, Waterfall, Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM), TSYS Solution Delivery Methodology (TSDM).
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal)
- Good Knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point)
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.