Senior Applications Manager
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Applications Manager you will lead a team of technical resources supporting applications within the portfolio of the Enterprise Payments Technology group. The team will primarily be focused on production support, enhancement and application maintenance activities. You will be responsible for providing direction to the team and partnering with stakeholders across the organization to deliver capabilities to our clients and ensuring smooth day-to-day Business Operations and stability of the platform. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must have
- Primary relationship manager for the IT application support team and Enterprise Operations and Business teams.
- Responsible for the application availability, timely and accurate delivery of the downstream data and reports for every week-day of the year.
- Manages problem resolution for overnight runs. Leads and escalates overnight issues to appropriate groups in the event of problems threatening to delay the nightly run.
- Manages key vendor relationships and problem resolution and maintenance of application with vendor contacts.
- Operationalize application processing and down stream flows and create operational procedures for error handling and reporting.
- Improves efficiency in nightly runs and application processes with vendor and downstream systems.
- Co-ordinates application maintenance releases from vendor and other maintenance changes.
- Establishes change management process with the development lead and manage application change process for future project phases and enhancements.
- Manages the IT support schedule to ensure adequate coverage of the nightly run for every week day of the year.
- Create and manage application maintenance budgets.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate delivery of manual work arounds, when required.
- Tracks and reports on any system related issues and works directly with the development lead, the business unit and the infrastructure group to recommend and resolve either software or hardware solutions.
- Track and report customer-visible incident / problem items against availability requirements and service terms to IT Director and IT team leads. Drive service optimization and identify areas for further review.
- Maintains the system side Business Continuity Plan to ensure the timely recovery of system in the event of a disruption to the production system.
- Collaborates and builds relationships with colleagues across GTO to achieve business and IT objectives, and to identify opportunities for cross-platform synergies in order to save costs and avoid duplication of effort.
- Provides IT director with timely updates on issues relating to incident management, support, staffing, budget, client relationship management.
- Resolves complex issues and client investigations; escalates to IT director where required.
- Work to improve system resilience, including both failover and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Implement automated production monitoring and alerting tools and automated support processes.
- Promote innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implement best practices such as Agile and DevOps.
- Seek out industry trends and organization knowledge to understand alternative approaches / solutions.
- Sets direction and vision for the team and builds technical competence on the team.
- Promotes a mindset for sustained success, growth and strong performance.
Nice to have
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in leadership and/or people management.
- Proven application support, maintenance, and delivery of enhancements projects on critical applications.
- Experience with SDLC processes and tools.
- Experience with mainframe and distributed systems and technologies such as WAS, JAVA, WebSphere, .NET and Unix
- Strong planning, organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid understanding or experience with DevOps processes/tools and Agile Methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in technical area of study (computer science, mathematics, engineering, etc.) or equivalent combination of practical experience and professional training.
What's in it for you?
- Experience in the financial industry, preferably in payments.
- IT project management and business systems analysis experience.
- Experience with SAP.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
TEC http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
180 Wellington St W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
Yes Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
198904 Ad Code(s):