Senior Data/Integrations Architect
Requisition ID: 61512
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
The Senior Data/Integrations Architect is required to lead, collaborate with teams of IT professionals to provide data architecture and data governance guidance, project delivery and product support for Data integration, data warehouse and data lake applications. The incumbent leads investigations and creates detailed design specifications (related to Infrastructure, integration, security and process flow design) for new end-to-end solutions across multiple platforms, enhancements or maintenance of existing solutions, or modifying existing solutions or integrations to address issues according to BNS standards for all supported platforms in Enterprise Operations Technology. What we are looking for?
In this role you will;
Are you the right person for the role?
- Build and manage a cohesive data architecture & data governance standards, artifacts, roadmaps, coordinating resources, managing project scheduling, providing technical direction and standard data architecture best practices for the applications assigned to his/her portfolio.
- Ensure proper support procedures, processes, methodologies, best practices, documentation and tools are in place to support the various projects and existing production systems.
- Providing technical architectural designs solutions/reviews for major business application and technology initiatives focusing on web/internet systems (i.e. Web Servers, web Designs, Internet Protocols, Internet Security, Web Services, APIs, SOAP/REST, Cloud).
- Creating Security Design Document and Solutions Overview Architecture and performing Threat Risk Assessment and presenting those artifacts to Operational Readiness committee and answering all concerns and obtaining concurrence from committee.
- Providing suggestions and creating viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity based on Architecture best patterns and practices and Scotiabank Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Acting as an internal architectural consultant on all integration related items (Systems, Solutions or infrastructure) while participating in all phases of the project development life cycle
- Presenting work for review in structured walkthrough presentations of application systems to/with project team members and users during various stages of the development process
- Accountable for managing data integration and definitions across many enterprise HR applications.
- Analyze high-level requirements and create components breakdown to be able to estimate pieces in manageable fashion. Present the estimates to Director, other architects and ultimately business and socialize the reasoning and obtain concurrence.
- Mentoring and coaching other team members on integration technics and related subjects.
- Investigating, analyzing and resolving system problems escalating and/or reporting system problems to management.
- Establish and champion quality process improvement activities for the department.
- Participate in vendor product assessment and selection, providing recommendation based on solution reviews and product comparisons.
- Manage communication across the enterprise groups, that impact scope, schedule, budget, risk & resources
- The incumbent should bring a strong Project Management background and is accountable for leading initiatives. The individual must thrive on challenge, be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn.
- Build strong working relationships with peers, business lines and stakeholders.
- As required, perform code reviews, functional reviews as necessary, ensuring quality and efficiency and focused on timelines
You must be;
What's in it for you?
- 10 years+ leading/supervising teams of data and integration architects working with Data Quality Tools/ Data Governance, enterprise data model preferably with DataStage, SAS, IBM Cognos
- Minimum 4-5 years in Consulting or Corporate Systems Development environments or equivalent experience.
- Disciplined in development methodology and experience with software development technologies and concepts.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Strong project management skills, able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong vendor management skills, including managing outsourced development teams.
- Must be quality driven, with the ability to encourage quality into the team member's tasks, measuring and improving quality and efficiency metrics.
- Excellent problem solving skills have vision and innovative approach to computer based solutions and ability to convey these ideas.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in order to deliver projects in a timely manner and deal with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to influence, emphasize methodology, modeling, and governance, technologically and politically neutral, articulate, persuasive, and enthusiastic.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- 10+ years technical work experience
- Depth in data modeling and database design: The incumbent should have strong work experience across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Data Architect, Database, Architecture, Bank, Banking, Data, Engineering, Technology, Finance