Senior DevOps Specialist, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 71112
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As the Senior DevOps Specialist, you'll be responsible for collaborating with operations specialists and software developers throughout the entire service lifecycle to efficiently automate continuous integration and deployment into production. As well as innovate CI/CD solutions and collaborate with our partners throughout the bank with re-inventing infrastructure and the delivery of world-class products and solutions. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You are a mentor, teacher, and enabler - clearing obstacles and making room for incredible work
- You have experience creating large scale applications - ideally building highly scalable web farms on Unix/Linux platforms entirely from infrastructure as code
- You measure everything and are always looking to improve engineering productivity and quality through automation
- You're comfortable working closely with a team of smart, passionate people to creatively solve problems that may at first seem insurmountable
- You're interested in banking and compliance requirements and have a strong desire to let machines fully manage them
- You are an engineer but also comfortable inspiring and influencing leaders from the bank IT of a new way of shipping software through Continuous Delivery.
What's in it for you?
- You have experience in the administration of build tools for continuous integration (e.g. GIT, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube and Artifactory)
- You have the ability to work with configuration and orchestration tools to automate deployment delivery such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt
- You have experience in large-scale, secure and high availability solutions in a Cloud Environment such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- You have familiarity with containerization technologies as Docker and Kubernetes (GKE)
- You have fluency in scripting languages like Bash, Groovy or Python
- You have high level Unix/Linux administration skills
- You are an advocate for agile technical practices and software craftsmanship
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Healthcare, Finance, Technology, Engineering