Senior Finance Analyst
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Job Description
The Senior Financial Management Analyst will report to the AVP, PMG and support business management and financial reporting functions for the TDS portfolio of projects that contribute to the operational effectiveness of the TDS PDG. Specific accountabilities include:
- Perform data analytics and reporting of project financial performance for executives and project team members
- Reconciliation of financial data and oversee data transfer from TDS book of record (TDS Insight) into the Enterprise book of record (Clarity PPM)
- Reconciliation of financials with the GL through regular interactions with Segment Finance and Technology Finance teams
- Forecasts business transformation initiatives and coordinates with key leaders and stakeholders to prioritize the portfolio
- May develop and provide complex reporting, analysis, and assessments at the functional or enterprise level
- Develop and deliver presentations / communications to management or broader audience
- Adhere to internal policies / procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines, contribute to the review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying potential opportunities to improve operational efficiencies
- Identify variances and contribute to the analysis, due diligence and implementation of initiatives and/or business operations within defined area of responsibility
- Support development and/or/ implementation of standards, policies, procedures, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize availability of service, efficiency and effectiveness
- Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area
- Keep current on emerging trends / developments and grow knowledge of the business, analytical tools and techniques
- Prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet assigned timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency
- Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
Skills / Experience / Other Qualifications:
- University degree in Business, Finance or a numerate discipline is preferred.
- MBA/CFA/CPA designation or working towards one of these designations is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical capabilities - ability to consolidate a large amount of information into clear, concise analysis and insights to ultimately business decisions.
- Highly motivated with an exceptional strong time management aptitude, analytical skills, and the ability to be flexible.
- Proactive with the ability to see opportunities warranting further review & analysis.
- Organizational awareness and the ability to balance the viewpoints of Finance and the business.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to present to senior management level audience comfortably.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to plan, manage, and prioritize multiple responsibilities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate, problem solve, make trade-offs and decisions with various groups and demonstrate strong relationship management.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.