- Toronto, ON, Canada
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 déc. 17
Senior Manager - Accounting
Lieu de travail : Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Senior Manager, Accounting works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements and the efficient financial operations within their function.
• Expert in subject matter, including accounting changes.
• Ensures an accurate and timely monthly close so that all financial reporting deadlines and control policies are met.
• Oversees outsourced accounting firms, as required, to ensure deliverables are consistent with Moody's policies and MGAP.
• Maintains Moody's chart of accounts, controls, and policy and procedures.
• Reviews and approves accounting entries, reconciliations and analyses based on Moody's controls and US & local GAAP.
• Liaises with other departments to discuss and resolve US & Local GAAP accounting implications related to accounting transactions, business developments, entity financial conditions, policy and procedures.
• Maintains relationships with upper management.
• Participates in Controllership change processes, providing feedback and comments, and communicates Corporate changes to their respective teams.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Monitors and analyzes work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Initiates research and prepares financial analysis for management (i.e. dividend, cash flow, budget, fluctuation variances, build-ups, aging, process flows, quarterly update meetings, etc).
• Assists in the incorporation or restructuring and operation set up of new entities and the liquidation of redundant entities.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves operating accounting issues; communicates to upper management.
• Applies accounting judgment when reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, and account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and operating accounting issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting recognition; communicates to upper management.
• Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody's policies and identify accounting implications; provides value-added feedback to legal or other departments; communicates to upper management.
• Responsible for the overall direction, execution, and completion of ad-hoc projects.
• Manages internal and external audits; works with auditors to ensure a timely year end audit.
• Manages the preparation of external reports, including filings, ensuring an accurate and timely completion.
• Provides expert opinion on US & Local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Works with each direct report to establish annual goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
Global MA Rev Acctg/Billing
• Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• 8-10 years accounting experience, including at least 4 years of management experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major CPA firm).
• Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
• Expert knowledge of SEC reporting requirements
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Peoplesoft)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.