Senior Manager, Delivery & Release Engineering - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 70876
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video
The Enterprise Notification Platform provides digital communications to Scotiabank customers in support of our client's business goals.
The Sr. Manager, Release and Delivery Engineering is responsible for leading the ENP team of Business Analysts and Quality Assurance professionals; interacting with business stakeholders, PLATO Product, and technology partners to define requirements, plan, schedule, and deliver product changes, and facilitate self-serve integration with the platform. Additionally, the Sr. Manager contributes to the ENP product roadmap, providing strategic vision and insights on the market trends.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Shared Services, the Sr. Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Manage staff recruitment, retention, development, and performance
- Liaise with PLATO Product, business, and technology partners to maintain and prioritize the product backlog
- Release planning and delivery
- Requirement eliciation, user story, and acceptance criteria documentation
- Manage product quality through test planning, execution, reporting, and sign-off
- Create artifacts for product roadmaps and PLATO Product
- Manage vendor relationships
- Regularly conveying status for PLATO and client-funded intiatives
- Manage the investigation and resolution of production support issues, ensuring underlying issues are addressed
- Maintain and share knowledge of industry trends and best practices
- Must have at least 4 years of people management experience
- Must have 8-10 years of progressive working experience in information technology, ideally in the financial industry
- Must possess strong technical knowledge and have prior experience managing business, vendor, and technology partners
- Proven ability to communicate product concepts, roadmap strategies, and influence positive outcomes
- Hands on experience elicting and documenting user requirements
- Hands on experience in planning and management of quality assurance activities including unit, integration, and automated testing
- Solid working knowledge of Agile methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
- Must be proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused, attentive to detail, and a creative problem-solver.
- Experience with a cloud platform is an asset
Computer Science / Business Information Management Degree or equivalent
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Engineer, Web Design, Developer, Finance, Engineering, Creative, Technology