Senior Manager, Enterprise Business Management
The Senior Manager, Enterprise Business Management is accountable for the implementation and operationalization of an Enterprise Business Management (EBM) solution designed to position executives with the knowledge to manage and transparently communicate the cost, quality, and value of Operations costs within Technology & Operations.
EBM provides transparency and traceability into the cost of services. Included in this practice is the ability to set prices to support "arm's length" transactions with legal entities as well as deliver invoices to business partners with the context to align their consumption with business strategy. With a need to demonstrate Financial Management and Modeling, Bill of Services, and Business Performance capabilities, EBM leverages the proven and scalable Apptio SaaS platform used for Technology Business Management (TBM) that includes Adaptive Data Management, Model and Calculation Engine, and Self-Service Analytics in a single vertically-integrated solution.
The candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role will sit within the TBM Office and involves close collaboration with IT, Operations and Finance professionals at all levels within the organization. The incumbent will also act as a change agent by actively identifying and pursuing opportunities to improve processes, enhance controls and governance, drive efficiencies and implement process changes. Key Accountabilities Project (Build EBM Solution)
Qualifications Knowledge & Skills
- Lead the development and configuration of the Apptio Cost Transparency EBM solution in conjunction with the Apptio professional services team
- Act as the liaison between the TBM Office and Vendor (Apptio)
- Create and lead the development of use cases
Operational (Ongoing Run of EBM Solution)
- Understand shifts within the Operations environment and act as the primary contact for Business Management teams for the EBM Solution
- Drive ongoing discussions with cost centre owners to provide meaningful input for the planning process
- Engage relevant stakeholders to identify use cases to drive financial and operational value
- Accept accountability for tracking use case progress while facilitating monthly use case reviews with CIO business management teams
- Promote EBM/TBM across the organization
- Drive and monitor EBM usage and adoption rates
- Lead continuous improvement of the EBM model and drive data remediation
Relationship Management and Team Leadership
- Establish strong working relationships with CIO business management teams, Finance & Controllership teams, and with other stakeholders to deliver high quality, effective, efficient support. Includes being an advocate for Technology, while maintaining the objectivity required of a control/governance function.
- Work closely with your team to develop individual skills and capabilities to enhance versatility, productivity and capacity
- Set appropriate context and an effective framework of policies and procedures for the work within the group
- Build and sustain a team of analysts who can deliver the performance required for Technology Performance Management. This includes coaching as well as the creation and implementation of training and development plans
- Apply the Bank's performance management system, including establishing goals and objectives, assessing skilled knowledge gaps, allocating resources to achieve objectives and close gaps, assessing personal effectiveness, and reviewing and recommending base and variable pay.
We're here to help
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business or Management
- An MBA or graduate degree is preferred but not required
- 7+ years' experience in finance/technology in a financial reporting role
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship management skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices, financial reporting, and financial analysis.
- Proven record in change management in an operations environment; understanding of change management and project management methodologies
- Forward and/or critical thinking ability
- Flexible, adaptable and highly motivated
- Effectively cope with complex and ambiguous situations
- Professional team player who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Strong Excel skills and an understanding of financial systems
- Knowledge of the Apptio Cost Transparency and/or Apptio Bill of IT solution an asset
- Previous knowledge/certification in TBM/EBM (RTBMA, ETBMA, CTBME) an asset
- Knowledge and experience in cost allocation, planning, and budgeting is an asset
- Knowledge of bank systems and structure an asset
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.